'74 150 Stepside - Whats it worth? - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Blame Canada
Member Number
Loc
St.Louis, MO
A buddy was a huge IG guy with a nice collection but had to sell everything and move to TX to take care of family. I was storing this for his son who then wasn't able to get it to CO .. so I bought it from the son. It was being driven regularly, my buddy pulled the gas tanks and carb to have them cleaned and thats how it sits. all original with the seat and dash being the only items replaced. I had planned on fixing it up to cruise around town in, now I'm debating selling it to do some things to further invest in irate4x4. Either way ..... I have no clue how much IHs are or even many trucks comparable to this one to guess a price. It's been sitting under my carport for about 6 months now so the tops of panels are pretty dusty/dirty.

What say IBB?!?

​​​​​​​
IMG_9346.jpg
IMG_9350.jpg
IMG_9351.jpg
IMG_9358.jpg
IMG_9353.jpg
IMG_9355.jpg
IMG_9356.jpg
IMG_9349.jpg
IMG_9362.jpg
IMG_9347.jpg
IMG_9357.jpg
IMG_9360.jpg
IMG_9363.jpg
IMG_9345.jpg

IMG_9348.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg

IMG_9352.jpg

IMG_9359.jpg

That is in unbelievably good shape! I bet its worth a decent chunk of change to the right IH collector. There can't be that many of those trucks left in the country in that kind of shape.

:smokin:

with what I see IH's going for on Ebay there's a good chance I'd list it on there, prices are nuts. Crispins offer may be fair, or may be low compared to the ebay crowd.

Personally if I was in the market I'd agree I would drop $6k no problem. LS swap it for another 2k and make a sweet cruiser. That looks to be one of the most complete/rust free/best shape ones I've seen. Granted I'm an east coast rust guy so we don't get nice ones over here

edit: the lone bent wheel pictured is a Scout polycast wheel. if it's a full set like that they are off a scout and not original to the truck, just FYI. if it's a 1/2 ton I think they're the same bolt pattern, 5x5.5. also looks like it's had a water pump & rear-end work at some point

Last edited:
For sure $5-6k

Really minty, bud.

The market is hot for these right now so start high. I would verify any rust concerns. Open the glovebox door, push in the tabs on the side of the glovebox and let it swing all the way open to check for the cowl rust. On the driver side tweak your head under there and see. Pull up the floor mat and check for rust at the door sill area or body mount. If there is no rust under the dash cowl or under the floor mat, then I would say that is easily a $6000-$8000 truck in non-running condition, and $12k plus in running condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh