What's new

72 K10 shortbed fuel and brake line placement

riveroadrat

Member Number
Took pics of my old lines and lost that itty bitty mini-card some igmo thought would be great. I hope he loses his also. Anyway to the point, two points actually. Does anyone have any pics of which line goes on bottom middle and top in the line clamps? Also i have some 67 K10 rear springs I was going to install on the 72 because they are only two thick leaves but they are about 4-6 inches longer than the 71 leafs. I'm thinking I might get them re-bent for a 6" lift and hope that will bring the spring eyes close to the 72's length. Any and all comments appreciated.

Took pics of my old lines and lost that itty bitty mini-card some igmo thought would be great. I hope he loses his also. Anyway to the point, two points actually. Does anyone have any pics of which line goes on bottom middle and top in the line clamps? Also i have some 67 K10 rear springs I was going to install on the 72 because they are only two thick leaves but they are about 4-6 inches longer than the 71 leafs. I'm thinking I might get them re-bent for a 6" lift and hope that will bring the spring eyes close to the 72's length. Any and all comments appreciated.
If anyone has one of the rear spring swivels for a 67 K10 I'm looking to buy one.

If anyone has one of the rear spring swivels for a 67 K10 I'm looking to buy one.

I either have 2 or I scrapped them last month in my shop move. I'll look tonight and if they're there you can have them.

Couple thoughts about your project:

Does the 67 leaf fit the spring hanger of your 72 frame or did you swap that as well? Pretty sure they're wider, hence why you need the rear shackles. I run the opposite with 69-up 56" springs in my 68 K20 and had to use spacers in the front spring hanger and a 69-up rear shackle as they're narrower than the factory 67/68 springs.

I bent the stock twin leaf packs on my k20 from wheel hop, easy to do when there are only 2 leaves. My suggestion is to look into a shackle flip for 4 inches of lift with the springs you already have. Can't be more expensive than having the 67 springs recurved, new shackles, U bolts, etc.

I either have 2 or I scrapped them last month in my shop move. I'll look tonight and if they're there you can have them.

Couple thoughts about your project:

Does the 67 leaf fit the spring hanger of your 72 frame or did you swap that as well? Pretty sure they're wider, hence why you need the rear shackles. I run the opposite with 69-up 56" springs in my 68 K20 and had to use spacers in the front spring hanger and a 69-up rear shackle as they're narrower than the factory 67/68 springs.

I bent the stock twin leaf packs on my k20 from wheel hop, easy to do when there are only 2 leaves. My suggestion is to look into a shackle flip for 4 inches of lift with the springs you already have. Can't be more expensive than having the 67 springs recurved, new shackles, U bolts, etc.
The 72 front frame hanger fits the 67 spring front eye just a little tight. I have one rear shackle that's still on the spring. The 72 springs are quite a bit narrower. I never noticed the spring length until I compared the two. I want to Keep the factory look and may add a few leaves depending on the ride. I appreciate the offer on the shackles if you find them. I had all the brackets off the wrecked frame and some scrapper came by while I was working and got most of them.

Sorry, I must've tossed those old shackles in the scrap run when I sold my house.

Another thought about re-arching springs is that the center pin will shift fore or aft when arched more. 67/68 springs have the same offset pin location as 73-up 56" springs, just flipped in their mounting in stock trucks.

Sorry, I must've tossed those old shackles in the scrap run when I sold my house.

Another thought about re-arching springs is that the center pin will shift fore or aft when arched more. 67/68 springs have the same offset pin location as 73-up 56" springs, just flipped in their mounting in stock trucks.
Thanks for the info, just gonna mount the stock springs right now while I mount the cab.

Well, back to the fuel and brake lines routing. Anybody got any pics or know which line goes where in the line clamps along the right side of frame? Pics would help a lot, phone cracked and I lost the pics i took.

Well, back to the fuel and brake lines routing. Anybody got any pics or know which line goes where in the line clamps along the right side of frame? Pics would help a lot, phone cracked and I lost the pics i took.
Here's a link to 47-Presnt Chevy Gmc trucks website with lots of good pics. The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Top Back Refresh