What's new

71 c10 ls swap, drop, and hopefully turbo

well the people can buy me parts to put on the turbos! still need alot of stuff before all that happens. probably be a few months for sure.
Let me know when it's time, if you need help or guidance from a local idiot :)

It will happen, just have a bunch of stuff going on at the moment so have to work on it a little here and there. If I take it apart for turbo in the summer, I won't be able to drive it around to car shows n stuff!
I still need front and rear swaybars, shocks all the way around, gauges installed, re-configure the electric fans, rear mounted fuel tank, re-gear the rear and ad locker, and other things I can't remember right now. I had it aligned but it still pulls left a little, they told me the rearend is bent. got another one but its 6lug and shorter(71-72 are wider).

got the new gauge setup installed finally. I wanted stock looking gauges, and this was as close as I could find. they are NVU.
gauge wiring.jpg
new gauges.jpg
gauge install.jpg
installed.jpg

so this thing has summit manifolds, 2 1/4 exhaust, turbo mufflers, and a bad drone between 1500-2000 rpm. put a crossover in the exhaust behind the trans, made it worse. changed to magnaflow mufflers, still there. whats the deal? can a cold air intake make it drone? I wanted 2 1/2 exhaust but got talked into the 2 1/4. It really sucks to drive this way.

How long are the tailpipes? You may need to change the mufflers. I usually run larger into the mufflers then a size smaller tailpipe as long as you can make them. It helps a little but it's always been my muffler that fixed the drone.

exhaust runs all the way out the back, out the side behind the wheels. just changed to magnaflow mufflers and it sounds better but has the exact same drone.

What rpm is the drone occurring at? What gauge tubing was used for the exhaust?

When you drive the truck when and under what conditions does the drone occur? If it is when on the highway drop a gear or throttle it into passing gear and see if the drone goes away. If it does then its gonna be hard to get rid of it. That would be a frequency, wave pulse, blah blah blah thing. Sound deadeners and whatnot can help the drone out of the cab with the windows up.

Well It rained today so I was able to install a pair of J-pipes, I built them as long as I could fit. seems to have done the trick. its cancelling out the drone now. I think they are around 32" long. They go right to the cross member, about 1/4" away.

Attachments

• jpipe.jpg
    jpipe.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Helmholtz Calc V8 V6.JPG
    Helmholtz Calc V8 V6.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 30
well my swaybar showed up for the front of this. got one from no limit engineering. hope it drives better with this on it.

Attachments

• swaybar.jpg
    swaybar.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 4
Top Back Refresh