What's new

7" LED headlights

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
Hey guys i'm looking for some 7" LED headlights for my truck. I don't want to spend the money on truck lite but I know there is tons of knock off ones. So what ones have good beam pattern and are fairly bright? I don't plan on driving the truck on the road much at night but just in case I want to be able to see good. Thanks.

Do they need to be LED?

I am same as you, the name brand LED headlights are too $$$.

I went with H4 conversion headlight housings, the kind with replaceable headlight bulb. I got $5 “off road only” light bulbs off Rockauto. Bright as hell. Doesn’t stab your eyes with glare

Need to be sure your wiring is up to task, though. The bulb pull 130/90 watts (~10/7 amps).

HELLA H4 130/90W High Wattage Bulb, 12V Amazon.com

I ran these in my highboy for a while, the beam had a decent cutoff on low beam and were fuck-you bright. I have no idea on how long they last with regular use, I got tired of how out of place they looked on the truck pretty quick. Quality/longevity seems to be where the $$$ really is in the name brand stuff.

I am considering going with these since I don't have any front turn signals on the truck yet either. Also I am completely wiring the truck from nothing so I will use proper size wires.

I used these:
And wired the trim rings to the turn signals since my actual turn signals are mostly-blocked by the winch. The lights are decent, the trim rings as turn signals are nicely visible even with the headlights on.

I am considering going with these since I don't have any front turn signals on the truck yet either. Also I am completely wiring the truck from nothing so I will use proper size wires.

I put those in my M715, theyre decent. Glass lense, one was shattered upon arrival, sent an email with a picture and then shipped another pair, so now I have a spare

About 8 years ago I switched from sealed beams to Autopal H4 Housings (e code), added a relay harness, and started running Hella 110w/90w bulbs. Don't mind the poor adjustment -- Sealed Beams on the left.

1625606635527.png

What you are paying for is the quality of the projection of light. The cheapy ones are bright, but have glare and throw light everywhere. Quality ones throw a nice beam with a good cutoff so as not to blind other drivers.

I agree with doing the the h4 enclosure conversion and the relay harness mod. I did it on my XJ with a DOT compliant enclosure from Rugged Ridge/Omix Ada and it was one of the best things I ever did for the XJ. It was around $80 back then. I see they also make a 7 inch round conversion assembly for H4 bulbs, link below:

I am extremely picky about lighting so my first choice for led lighting would be JW Speaker, however, according to my wife I am the cheapest man on the face of the earth. So... I wound up with 7" round Koito h4's. The same ones Porsche used on the 911, I believe. Yes I am a Dan Stern Fanboi. He really does know his stuff.

Last edited:
I bought the Qaudratec version of the 7" round with the heat feature for my parents JK. Super on the fence between the JW Speaker and the Quadratec version. It's got a good pattern and decent output but it seems like it could be a bit better. WOnder how much better the JW version are.

Will check out the Dan Stern stuff, might need new H4 bulbs for the old Cherokee.

I did glass H4 conversion housings cheap amazon ones. But put LED lamps in them. The low beams are great but high beams suck balls. So only stay on low.

Top Back Refresh