What's new

7.3 SuperDuty Love

Pmedic920

The ‘Stache
Member Number
Loc
On the lake, Livingston Tx.
I love mine, and I know if you have one you love yours.

2000 w/197 k, auto trans.

Nuttin’ fancy, few basic upgrades.

intake
TS 6 position tuner
recently fixed all the usual oil leaks.

I’d drive her cross country today.

Show your 7.3 some love.

photo3281.jpg

140D262A-6CA8-47E2-AC7E-EC0AA4A678BC.jpeg

Last edited:
2000 6spd 206K

usual oil leaks keep the frame from rusting

WW2, 4" turbo back, programmer on tow tune.

Just got done going cross country.

IMG_20200523_134903.jpg

Just brought this 2002 with 158K miles home last month, it belonged to my GF's late father and had sat for a few years. He was the original owner, and it couldn't have been more sock. I've got all the maintenance caught up on it, and I've been driving the wheels off of it.

It's loud, slow, stinky, and most days I prefer driving this over my 2019 6.7...

IMG_1053 - Copy.jpg
IMG_1060 - Copy.jpg

2001 F350
T4 turbo mount, S366sxe turbo
DieselSite Legendary 4r100
PHP Hydra 80hp tuning
Stock injectors

S300 turbos are the way to go on these trucks.

photo3566.jpg

2001 f350, 427,xxx km. ZF6 that makes a terrible growling noise at slack throttle, but shows no shavings and keeps working so it must be fine. Leaks gear oil from the drivers side of the front axle when I leave the hubs locked. TS 6 position chip, straight pipe dumping in front of the rear pass tire. Levelled and in need of new front leafs, probably going to go with a 4" lift when I get to it. Box is rotten, so I'm building a 7x9 flatdeck for it. I've got a Firestone airbag kit on the shelf for it that I'll get to one day too.
20200518_142529.jpg

20190831_095051.jpg

My 2000 7.3 non catalyst. 4x4, manual trans, and short cab. Almost 300k miles. It's basically stock, 2" lift, 35" tires and exhaust. Bought it a few years back to help move all my stuff, and keep it as a daily driver in the colder/wetter part of the year.

I don't really tow much (other than flat-towing other vehicles occasionally), but I do haul stuff in the back fairly often.

Big truck & Little truck (love how small it makes the 33 seem!)

f250_01.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	f250_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	259.6 KB ID:	14275

Here's firewood from earlier this year:

f250_02.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	f250_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	305.0 KB ID:	14276

Last edited:
ZF6 that makes a terrible growling noise at slack throttle, but shows no shavings and keeps working so it must be fine.

Gear over run, about 2/3's of them do that. Some worse than others. Mines pretty fucking noisy till you get moving. Nothing to worry about, it will do that forever.

maybe time to change the trans fluid? Mine doesn't make much noise

I’m certainly no mechanic, parts changer @best.
I recently sealed up all the notorious leaks on mine.
fuel bowl off and rebuild, deleted the fuel heater (Texas)
HPOP off and rebuilt , including oil lines, and added the rear crossover line.
trubo pedestal off/ o rings, deleted exhaust back pressure while I had the turbo off
My worst leak was my oil cooler, had it off and put in new seals/o rings

Really wish I had put in some bellowed up pipes while I had the turbo off but I overlooked that.
My driveway is now clean and dry with the exception of an occasional few drops of trans fluid.
trans leaks from where the dip stick is pressed in, I have the part but dreading doing the job. It certainly would have been easier if I had done the up pipes and trans dip stick all when I had the turbo off.

live and learn

Best HPOP lines I've ran came from the local hose shop.

~$40 got me 4 adapters and 2 lines, and I haven't had one blow since that. The last one that blew cost me a trailer, surface grinder, and fuel to have my buddy bring 2 trucks and 1 trailer ~300 miles. :rolleyes:

208k and engine has never been touched. Well, besides and ac compressor and alternator but I cant complain for being 20 years old. Looking forward to another 20 years.
20170220_221451.jpg

208k and engine has never been touched. Well, besides and ac compressor and alternator but I cant complain for being 20 years old. Looking forward to another 20 years.

Same here, almost 300k, and only thing that's been changed is clutch and batteries! I'm sure injectors will be needed at some point....

i love my 97 with zf5 4x4 with 270xxx on the clock had it since 08 after i got of usn a-school.

RUGER

01 with 186,000 on it. It’s been stock since new until this month. Did the exhaust valve delete, riff raff
wheel in the turbo, 4 inch mbrp straight exhaust, fresh set of injectors and hydra chip
from power hungry performance. I just got back from a trip to Moab pulling two Toyota’s on my goose neck. I’ve gotta say I was really surprised at the difference when towing. I ran it on the 25 horse tow setting and got wayyy better mileage than I’ve ever gotten. Forgot I had John wood build a trans for me a few years ago too.
0947E923-3F01-40A6-98EC-5FEEB979E1B9.jpeg

Best HPOP lines I've ran came from the local hose shop.

~$40 got me 4 adapters and 2 lines, and I haven't had one blow since that. The last one that blew cost me a trailer, surface grinder, and fuel to have my buddy bring 2 trucks and 1 trailer ~300 miles. :rolleyes:

My Lines came from Corey @ CNC Fab..pricey but quality and customer service is spot on. I recommend CNC Fab for anything PowerStroke they have available.

'02. 102k miles. Second owner. Was bone stock with 55k miles when I bought it in 2012. Complete build done in 2013. Atlas 4-speed, ProRock 60 and ProRock 80 with ARB's. 6" ICON lift with Bushwacker cut-outs to clear 40's on 20" TrailReady beadlocks. Hydro-assist, OBA, bumpers, sliders, winch, lights, etc, etc.

Use to have a Hallmark pop-up camper but now just has the ARE shell. Fucker will crawl anywhere's there's enuf room to fit her full figure.

... and possibly for sale since I got too many trucks right now. PM me if interested.

photo5199.jpg

photo5200.jpg

Top Back Refresh