What's new

6r140

If you are sure it's totally done. The dealer new in a box trans is nice. 1 day turn around and warrantee anywhere in the country.

Yeah I would contact dealership for pricing. A friend always was buying GM 4L80E transmissions new from dealership as well. Also I would call numerous dealerships and most deal with shipping and can get you price shipped to you as well.

I'd check carpart.com, if they're cheap, it's because they don't usually fail, so buy good used cheap with lower miles, if they're expensive, it's because they are failure prone, buy dealer reman if you're gonna keep it for a while. Shop the online dealers for best price, take that price to your local dealer (s)

I'd check carpart.com, if they're cheap, it's because they don't usually fail, so buy good used cheap with lower miles, if they're expensive, it's because they are failure prone, buy dealer reman if you're gonna keep it for a while. Shop the online dealers for best price, take that price to your local dealer (s)
Or it's cheap because there are none around and you're seeing prices from 2003 that people were too lazy to remove from inventory. :laughing:

But I don't think that will be a problem for a 6R140

Looks like cheap and plentiful used, not a problem child, I'd buy one from a yard for $600-1200 based on miles and warranty

Apparently lots of ambulances get wrecked at the 9000 mile mark:laughing:

One of our team members has a trans guy he trusts, says he can do rebuild this one for 2800 removed and installed. I am considering it. One year warranty. This thing is like 25ft long so not every shop can even rr it.

Fuck that, 2800 is the starting price, then another 1700 since you're in there

And I don't care how good your guy is, he's not as good as a factory trans with half it's life left

Buy one from a yard tonight, have it in service by noon tomorrow

Fuck that, 2800 is the starting price, then another 1700 since you're in there

And I don't care how good your guy is, he's not as good as a factory trans with half it's life left

Buy one from a yard tonight, have it in service by noon tomorrow

are there any differences between the years? arent they diff based on v8 v10 diesel?

It's Friday afternoon, end of the month, call the yard with the 14mi tranny and see if 1500 out the door makes it happen

After that, start looking a little father away, there's probably one in some $7hr Midwest farm town that'll be happy to ship one for 995 delivered

well there she is. Fire truck not mine, at the junkyard.

Attachments

• IMG_20210907_140039.jpg
    IMG_20210907_140039.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 36
I’ve ridden in a bunch of those E shuttle busses. Never been in one that the driver didn’t floor it every where it went. They’re probably heavy enough vehicles that the trans gets murdered by bus drivers that DGAF.

Did the yard you got the used trans from want the old one back as a core?

nope no core, left it with thr shop. ditto on drivers gunning it.

18qt of oil though!

Top Back Refresh