What's new

6L90e issues?

Haggard-Beard

Fuckface
Member Number
Does anyone else get a 2nd into 3rd slip on occasion? I have an 08 3500HD SRW, my brother had an 09 2500HD that he said did the same thing, difference is that he beats his trucks while I drive like a grandpa 90% if the time. It hasn’t happened in tow/haul mode, just cruising empty. Is there any way to remedy this? Have the line pressure bumped up maybe?

Common problem in transmissions built before June 2010. It’s obvious you didn’t even try to search. :flipoff2:The 1-2-3-4 piston may be broken or cracked. Replace the piston with the new design, The updated piston has 22% more rib area when compared to the previous design piston. The updated piston is sold under part number 24258159.

Last edited:
In the research I’ve done, :flipoff2: I’ve only found issues with torque converter seals and people saying to get the upgraded clutch packs. Your advise did help me find a write up on it though so many thanks :beer:

In the research I’ve done, :flipoff2: I’ve only found issues with torque converter seals and people saying to get the upgraded clutch packs. Your advise did help me find a write up on it though so many thanks :beer:
Just busting your chops fuckface:flipoff2: Hopefully you get it taken care of.

Top Back Refresh