Member Number
Loc
DFW
2012 XLT 4 door 8' bed FX4

250k miles
S&B intake
EZ link
exhaust
silicone intercooler pipe (exploded factory one)
rebuilt transmission (wasn't trashed, but was worn, lower stall converter installed)
replaced plate between motor and transmission (it was cracked)
rancho 9000 xl adjustable shocks
new body bushings (kevlar type)
new tie rod/drag link w/ ends
new rancho 7000 series stabilizer
one new injector (cyl 1)

other than that, been pretty much trouble free. some oil lines "were replaced" early on, by a shop that "fixed these leaks" many times. turned out to be the crack in the adapter plate between motor and tranny that was filled with pookie when I found my new "trusted shop"

please use Farley " "

that being said, anyone replace sway bars/bushings? recommendations?

I'm at about 95k on my 2016. I need to do the diffs and transmission fluid/filter.

Are you lifted? Otherwise I'd probably just buy OEM or equivalent Napa parts for sway bar bushings

Not lifted, but it gets quite a workout. When I'm not hauling a trailer, I'm running around with a hot tune and I'm kinda an asshole. It's got the factory "tow package" option which I think has beefed up sway bars or something along those lines. I was thinking the same as that's my go to for replacement parts. Just checking in to see if there was something even better out there before I go through the trouble.

Whose tunes are you running?

I do the same, street or extreme tune if I'm empty and feeling sassy and tow tune otherwise

how do you like them?

I have heard great things. I'm running Tyrant tunes and am happy. If they weren't so damn expensive I'd pick up some PPEI and Proven tunes to compare them to.

I believe they stopped releasing them, but some shops bought a bunch when they found out this was the case. Ppei has promised to continue to support existing tunes

74610075_2833977956614811_7808647699753861120_n.jpg

Someone who isn't me was able to find offroad tuning through 3rd party dealers for moving the horse trailers around the X's property

I just ordered a case of Mercon LV and the trans pan filter for the tranny, 2 quarts of t case fluid, and 7 quarts of gear oil for the diffs on my truck.

After lots of procrasturbation I did the transmission drain/fill at 97k rather than dropping the pan and filter. The filter never came and I ended up getting a refund from Amazon for it.

The fluid was dark but not burnt. With the 7~ quarts of new fluid it does shift a little less hard into 5th when doing a moderate acceleration from 0-45 then feathering off to 50. A few more drain/fills wouldn't hurt.

Also got around to the tcase and rear diff. still need to do the front.

I was thinking about doing my trans fluid soon. I'm creeping up on 170k and it shows that it was done around 80k if I remember right.

my truck started sucking air into the fuel line, the low pressure fuel pump is groaning and you can hear the air entering the upper fuel filter as well as feel it if you touch the line. It also fluctuates RPMs at idle. I changed both filters, the o ring on the lower, the water separator housing and drain plug with o rings. No luck.

Taking it to my diesel guy tomorrow.

I’ve got a 2011 f350 crew cab dually, 4x4, lariat FX4.

Egr went out in around 100k. It’s has since been deleted. Mods include;

AEM air filter setup
Sinister diesel delete kit
CP4 bypass
H&S mini max
5” exhaust
Wireless control Firestone air bags

Besides the emissions. I have had to replace the rear axle pinion seal and shim pack. The rest has been general maintenance.

Which one do you have?

I have been thinking I should get one of these installed on my truck. I see some expensive ones, and some cheap ones.

Anyone else have one?

I got the S&S kit from Thoroughbred diesel. Just make sure the o-ring doesn’t fall off when you at placing the block down on the pump!

my truck started sucking air into the fuel line, the low pressure fuel pump is groaning and you can hear the air entering the upper fuel filter as well as feel it if you touch the line. It also fluctuates RPMs at idle. I changed both filters, the o ring on the lower, the water separator housing and drain plug with o rings. No luck.

Taking it to my diesel guy tomorrow.

I guess a noisy low pressure side of the fuel system is normal when KOEO despite not being something I noticed beforehand or have found much about online.

No diagnostic charge. Guess whose mechanic should be getting another case of beer and bottle of whiskey :grinpimp:

I guess a noisy low pressure side of the fuel system is normal when KOEO despite not being something I noticed beforehand or have found much about online.

No diagnostic charge. Guess whose mechanic should be getting another case of beer and bottle of whiskey :grinpimp:

Mine has been humming for a while. It has gotten louder now and I'm replacing it. I can hear it over the radio and I'm deaf af. I'm ordering the front wheel bearings, all sway bar bushings and end links as well (ford parts). I'm creeping up on 280k now (30k since march!)

What's an EGR delete look like on these and where would I send a friend to find one? I plan on running this truck for a lot of miles....

Also, ever since I had my tranny rebuilt, the first shift from first to second after starting the vehicle will act like there's low fluid (EDIT: sometimes). You know, where it revs up and then catches. I had a lower stall torque converter installed per the shop's recommendation after I asked about upgrades. I figure the tune for the TCM needs to know about it. I just reached out to PPEI about it. We'll see.

Last edited:
Mine has been humming for a while. It has gotten louder now and I'm replacing it. I can hear it over the radio and I'm deaf af. I'm ordering the front wheel bearings, all sway bar bushings and end links as well (ford parts). I'm creeping up on 280k now (30k since march!)

What's an EGR delete look like on these and where would I send a friend to find one? I plan on running this truck for a lot of miles....

I have installed a no limit diesel kit. It is a nice kit with a coolant passage instead of just deadheading the line. But it seems like they don't sell them any more.

It was a bitch to install. If I were to decide I would just get block off plates. Ford used stupid small bolts to on the pipe to the exhaust manifold. Pretty much garunteed to break. Plus they are hard so they are a pain to drill after they do break.

going to stay factory? doesn't seem like there's much need for a Fass/Airdog system on these trucks.

Damn! I gave the PPEI tech my mods and stall on my converter and he had a tune on my phone for it in 2 minutes. Installed, did the relearn process. Smooth as hell. No more shift flare.

I didn't realize how sloppy my steering was til I hit a pothole at 75 and experienced death wobble for the first time on Monday. It's too freakin cold to be rolling around on the pavement and I have my hands full with toy repairs and home projects so I took it in. My steering stabilizer was shot and R&R cost was like $125 which was an easy sell when the part is like $80 at my cost. Truck drives much better even at slow speeds. Ball joints and tie rod ends are still tight at 103k mi but the track bar bushings and radius arm bushings are starting to get sloppy.

My mechanic mentioned that there is a pending recall/TSB for the track bar and radius arm bushings and said he submitted a claim and is waiting on Ford's approval to cover the cost of parts and labor for my truck and 4 others.

Ended up keeping my 2017 F350 I had for sale on here about this time last year, newer isn't always better.. Last two days installed SPE disaster kit and exo filter, was kind of a PIA for an old fkr with bad vision and swollen joints.

Ended up keeping my 2017 F350 I had for sale on here about this time last year, newer isn't always better.. Last two days installed SPE disaster kit and exo filter, was kind of a PIA for an old fkr with bad vision and swollen joints.

I've been going back on forth on doing that one with the added filter and the standard disaster kit

been thinking a lot about a 5" exhaust with an aeroturbine muffler lately :homer:

Top Back Refresh