What's new

5600 pages... holy fawk

gallows.jpg

Wonder how many pages could be eliminated if we started putting these back in use?

TL;DR

cliffs? :homer:

"Lawmakers hustled on Monday to pass the bill, nearly 5,600 pages long, less than 24 hours after its completion and before virtually anyone had read it. At one point, aides struggled simply to put the measure online because of a corrupted computer file."

This one at least took some thought. The last one that Pelosi put forward was just an old Democratic Wish List stimulus bill, and they went through to every section and added a sentence, the same every section, something to the effect of "in order to fight coronavirus" Stuff that was completely unrelated, pure pork, just rehashed from their last stab at paying off their supporters..

This one at least took some thought. The last one that Pelosi put forward was just an old Democratic Wish List stimulus bill, and they went through to every section and added a sentence, the same every section, something to the effect of "in order to fight coronavirus" Stuff that was completely unrelated, pure pork, just rehashed from their last stab at paying off their supporters....
Nailed it.

As long as the average Joe is feed his ration of crumbs...all is well.

I have pretty much giving up on even being hopeful of people opening their eyes. For if they did, 90% of the 536 would not make it past 24 hours.

he won't...

But I'm now trying to figure out why we pay taxes... IMHO, if we're going to borrow into oblivion, why do we need to be taxed at all?

I've already got the go-ahead for a loan for a decent sized shop to be built. Plan on starting next year; at least clearing the land. Once up, I'm going back to flipping cars. Buy and resell. Get a tire machine, start knocking out a bunch of side work. Get back to welding again. That sort of thing. Work with cash.

edit: to add, my wife found a long-arm quilting machine; think of it as a tube bender/notcher. we're due to pick it up in a week or two. she already has a list of people wanting giving her work.

Last edited:
:mad3::mad3:

https://www.toddstarnes.com/politics/massive-spending-bill-provides-600-for-americans-billions-for-foreigners/

President Trump must veto a massive $2.3 trillion spending bill that squanders billions of our hard-earned tax dollars on special projects for foreign countries.

American citizens will receive $600 in China virus relief.

Breitbart News editor Alex Marlow condemned the spending bill during remarks at the Turning Point USA gathering in Florida.

“And what’s in it?” asked Marlow of the spending bill. “A $600 cash handout for people. Now, people are generally supportive of some sort of direct cash handout, because of the government telling everyone to shut down, but I’ll tell you this. You know what would be better? Why don’t you allow us to open up our country and let people get back to work?”

Meanwhile, get a load of the Christmas presents destined for foreign countries:
  • $169,739,000 to Vietnam, including $19 million to remediate dioxins (page 1476).
  • Unspecified funds to “continue support for not-for-profit institutions of higher education in Kabul, Afghanistan that are accessible to both women and men in a coeducational environment” (page 1477).
  • $198,323,000 to Bangladesh, including $23.5 million to support Burmese refugees and $23.3 million for “democracy programs” (page 1485).
  • $130,265,000 to Nepal for “development and democracy programs” (page 1485).
  • Pakistan: $15 million for “democracy programs” and $10 million for “gender programs” (page 1486).
  • Sri Lanka: Up to $15 million “for the refurbishing of a high endurance cutter,” which is a type of patrol boat (page 1489).
  • $505,925,000 to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama to “address key factors that contribute to the migration of unaccompanied, undocumented minors to the United States” (pages 1490-1491).
  • $461,375,000 to Colombia for programs related to counternarcotics and human rights (pages 1494-1496).
  • $74.8 million to the “Caribbean Basin Security Initiative” (page 1498).
  • $33 million “for democracy programs for Venezuela” (page 1498).
  • Unspecified amount to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Curacao, and Trinidad and Tobago “for assistance for communities in countries supporting or otherwise impacted by refugees from Venezuela” (page 1499).
  • $132,025,000 “for assistance for Georgia” (page 1499).
  • $453 million “for assistance for Ukraine” (page 1500).

[
  • $169,739,000 to Vietnam, including $19 million to remediate dioxins (page 1476).
  • Unspecified funds to “continue support for not-for-profit institutions of higher education in Kabul, Afghanistan that are accessible to both women and men in a coeducational environment” (page 1477).
  • $198,323,000 to Bangladesh, including $23.5 million to support Burmese refugees and $23.3 million for “democracy programs” (page 1485).
  • Pakistan: $15 million for “democracy programs” and $10 million for “gender programs” (page 1486).
  • Sri Lanka: Up to $15 million “for the refurbishing of a high endurance cutter,” which is a type of patrol boat (page 1489).
  • $505,925,000 to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama to “address key factors that contribute to the migration of unaccompanied, undocumented minors to the United States” (pages 1490-1491).
  • $461,375,000 to Colombia for programs related to counternarcotics and human rights (pages 1494-1496).
  • Unspecified amount to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Curacao, and Trinidad and Tobago “for assistance for communities in countries supporting or otherwise impacted by refugees from Venezuela” (page 1499).

pretty sure all of those are just codes for the CIA. :flipoff2:

Isn't Sudan getting a bunch too?

The more I read about this the angrier I get I have to stop, who the fuck in the USA cares about "Packstans gender problems" especially at a time like this in the USA. damn it.:mad3:

:mad3::mad3:

https://www.toddstarnes.com/politics/massive-spending-bill-provides-600-for-americans-billions-for-foreigners/

President Trump must veto a massive $2.3 trillion spending bill that squanders billions of our hard-earned tax dollars on special projects for foreign countries.

American citizens will receive $600 in China virus relief.

Breitbart News editor Alex Marlow condemned the spending bill during remarks at the Turning Point USA gathering in Florida.

“And what’s in it?” asked Marlow of the spending bill. “A $600 cash handout for people. Now, people are generally supportive of some sort of direct cash handout, because of the government telling everyone to shut down, but I’ll tell you this. You know what would be better? Why don’t you allow us to open up our country and let people get back to work?”

Meanwhile, get a load of the Christmas presents destined for foreign countries:

Note however that the bill isn't just COVID relief. It's a COVID relief package rolled up with the regular FY21 appropriations bill package. So most of the oddball stuff is part of the normal fedral budget, not new spending claimed as COVID related.

The more I read about this the angrier I get I have to stop, who the fuck in the USA cares about "Packstans gender problems" especially at a time like this in the USA. damn it.:mad3:

You almost have to wonder if some of those labels are code for something else.

I'm just gonna side with that "eat rocks" guy on here

boomer politicians have realized that they're dying of the old soon anyways, doing their best to blow out as much money as they possibly can before they die
why? who the fuck knows

Easy to tell the reasoning is "we had to do SOMETHING" to which anyone can see that no indeed they don't need to throw unknowable amounts of money away for the sake of doing things

I've already got the go-ahead for a loan for a decent sized shop to be built. Plan on starting next year; at least clearing the land. Once up, I'm going back to flipping cars. Buy and resell. Get a tire machine, start knocking out a bunch of side work. Get back to welding again. That sort of thing. Work with cash.

edit: to add, my wife found a long-arm quilting machine; think of it as a tube bender/notcher. we're due to pick it up in a week or two. she already has a list of people wanting giving her work.

FWIW, I'm happy with my "mayflower" tire machine, I typically prefer good used legacy branded equipment, but it didn't pencil out, make sure you pay the extra 100 for bead blasters on the table

Top Back Refresh