What's new

5.13 gears for sterling 10.5???

You can. That’s what I did in my 21 Bronco. The front locker is on a toggle switch. Full 12 volts to lock and it stays locked when I tell it to. I have two superduty e-locked rear axles for projects. I’m just going to put them on a toggle switch just like the Bronco no matter what those go in. One is slated for my OBS F350 and I don’t want any fancy crap.

I wouldn’t be brave enough to do that on my work truck until the warranty was nearing its end which comes fast. They only do us 40 or 50k on these because of what we put them through.

What if you sourced the factory plug, then ran the wires completely separate? Then if warranty is needed, pull wires?

I mean I get what you're saying, I'd probably leave it alone also, but if you want it locked all the time, it's possible. Wonder if a cigarette lighter would power it? :laughing:

For whoever cares Valley Rock has probably been in posetion of more sterling and superduty axles then 99.9% of the board here. Id bet he is right, but his coment on having something around to make it work, might include the 46 axles he has laying out back .

If you look at part catalogs they don’t make the 10.25 master install kit for the 2011+ 10.5’s (the date ends at 2010 for compatibility). The pinion bearing/race OD is slightly larger on the 37 spline 2011+ 10.5 axle. This is why the 10.25 gear sets are not compatible with the 2011+ axles. So you would need a custom sleeve or something to fit the 10.25 pinion bearing/race on the 2011+ housing.
Welp called nationaldrivetrain and they don’t have it and doesn’t seem like they will be getting them anytime soon. However the other place I found, revolutiongear, has 5.38’s and I just ordered a set. They even just posted this morning about how they just stocked up on them on IG. Pretty stoked.

Not sure if this belongs here but the Yukon Ford 9" part number SK CSF9-2PIECE fits the 05 sterling pinion if you want to run a Solid spacer vs crush sleeve. I have one in my sterling and its been holding up fine with Revolution 5.38 gears.

Pinion loosened up using the Revolution crush sleeve so I threw this in

Not sure if this belongs here but the Yukon Ford 9" part number SK CSF9-2PIECE fits the 05 sterling pinion if you want to run a Solid spacer vs crush sleeve. I have one in my sterling and its been holding up fine with Revolution 5.38 gears.

Now that's some tech ! :smokin:

I have one in my sterling as well but haven’t run it yet.

I have one for my sterling but haven't assembled it yet.

"you need to round off just a little bit of the inside of the spacer due to the shape of the pinion. Otherwise the spacer will not sit flush with the pinion and will give you some all F*&ked up bearing preload. Other than that its pretty much straight forward shim it a bit to get the proper preload and you will never worry about it again."

I have one for my sterling but haven't assembled it yet.

"you need to round off just a little bit of the inside of the spacer due to the shape of the pinion. Otherwise the spacer will not sit flush with the pinion and will give you some all F*&ked up bearing preload. Other than that its pretty much straight forward shim it a bit to get the proper preload and you will never worry about it again."
The inside of the spacer has a small radius that needs to be removed

Top Back Refresh