What's new

4x4 Podcasts?

4x4toyotatyler

Yellow Skull
ST4x4
Member Number
Full transparency, I co-host a podcast (SnailTrail4x4)... but that is 100000% NOT the reason why I am posting this.... I genuinely want to know what other podcasts are out there for more hardcore rock crawling or rocklanding. I keep a fairly close eye on the itunes top 100 charts for automotive, and all I really see that is related to 4x4'ing is a bunch of bro-dozer diesel podcasts.

Any good 4x4 podcasts you follow other than the below? I know a bunch have popped up in the past year or so. I would personally like to start putting together a list of 4x4 podcasts that we can all enjoy for entertainment while we are gluing metal together in our garages :P

Snailtrail4x4
wheeling wine and whiskey
total offroad
mike and max offroad podcast
jeep podcast
4x4 podcast
Trailchasers
wheeleverweekend
talenttank
gon jpn
racing on the rocks
conversations with big rich
wheelin radio
modern jeeper

???????

Last edited:
gone jeepin (gon jpn) has a podcast now, havnt looked into it or heard any of it, but they have rick pewe working there so i could be interesting

gone jeepin (gon jpn) has a podcast now, havnt looked into it or heard any of it, but they have rick pewe working there so i could be interesting

Haha that's awesome. Would love to see Rick on a dedicated mic

Big Rich has one, I listen to it.

“Conversations with Big Rich” for anyone else. Scrolling through the episodes, I see some names that I am looking forward to hearing!

Last edited:
Hey Tyler welcome to the forums :beer:

I haven't listened to your newest episode- this is the one with a lakebed interview with Austin, right?
Jimmy from Snail Trail and Jason from WWW (Wheeling, Wine and Whiskey) did a joint interview, I think they may air it on WWW but not 100% ... maybe both?

”On the rocks” hosted by Jesse Williams?
Racing On the Rocks is good, we got some ad space from them last year. He started focusing on the SxS market but now he'll be doing track side commentary for the NRRA.

Full transparency, I co-host a podcast (SnailTrail4x4)... but that is 100000% NOT the reason why I am posting this.... I genuinely want to know what other podcasts are out there for more hardcore rock crawling or rocklanding. I keep a fairly close eye on the itunes top 100 charts for automotive, and all I really see that is related to 4x4'ing is a bunch of bro-dozer diesel podcasts.

Any good 4x4 podcasts you follow other than the below? I know a bunch have popped up in the past year or so. I would personally like to start putting together a list of 4x4 podcasts that we can all enjoy for entertainment while we are gluing metal together in our garages :P

St4x4
total offroad
m&m offroad podcast
jeep podcast
4x4 podcast
Trailchasers
wheeleverweekend
talenttank
???????

Heya, you missed out on KOH this year. you already know Wheelingwineandwhiskey (Jason & Chris) and then there's ModernJeeper with Corey

Hey Tyler welcome to the forums :beer:

Jimmy from Snail Trail and Jason from WWW (Wheeling, Wine and Whiskey) did a joint interview, I think they may air it on WWW but not 100% ... maybe both?

Racing On the Rocks is good, we got some ad space from them last year. He started focusing on the SxS market but now he'll be doing track side commentary for the NRRA.

that’s how I found this place

Total offroad is good. Wheel every weekend is super preachy and "I'm so smart everyone else is stupid." Bent motorsports is good when they get around to doing an episode.

4x4toyotatyler Just listened to the show released yesterday

Glad you found my review and looked at WWWs :lmao:

Also as far as 4600 trucks, as a Jeep guy I'd have to follow tribal4krawler's footsteps and go with a MJ (the Comanche). He just did a great race recap here

Oh! That's great! I always forget that jeep had a lightweight pickup platform. I would definitely put a comanche up there.

Can't believe I forgot about Big Rich! Lots of other great options here too... I will edit my top post with all of the great suggestions.

Wheelin is pretty good. I listen to them and youse guys.

https://www.wheelinradio.com/

I haven't listened to your newest episode- this is the one with a lakebed interview with Austin, right?

https://www.snailtrail4x4.com/168-wh...-run-for-4600/

What ever happened to the Baken boys? Busy with diapers?

Haven't heard of Wheelin yet... will have to check that one out.

Nah, the interview with Austin will probably just be released on WWW... if so, then we will send Austin our remote studio and do another interview with him :P

Bakkens are definitely busy with diapers. Greg sold his jeep (didn't even let me have first dibs at his axles!!!) and Jeff is busy trying to keep his kids from stealing the foolsize and racing it through the woods near the house haha. We will have to get Greg to come back on for an update on how life is going for the listeners :P

Haven't heard of Wheelin yet... will have to check that one out.

Nah, the interview with Austin will probably just be released on WWW... if so, then we will send Austin our remote studio and do another interview with him :P

Bakkens are definitely busy with diapers. Greg sold his jeep (didn't even let me have first dibs at his axles!!!) and Jeff is busy trying to keep his kids from stealing the foolsize and racing it through the woods near the house haha. We will have to get Greg to come back on for an update on how life is going for the listeners :P

Well, crap. I guess I'll have to check out WWW- even though I don't drink that rotten breakfast cereal/fruit everyone seems to love. :flipoff2:

Too bad for us listeners, but I'm glad they're doing well.

Good to see you here, man! I was grinning when you guys mentioned Austin- maybe some cross-pollination will help everyone out.

I recently started listening to WWW. It gets me in the mood to wrench on the truck and go wheeling oddly enough. A lot of people can't stand Ian from wheel evrey weekend, but I enjoy his podcast, yea he can be a know it all but at the same time admits how dumb he is and it's funny listening to the shit talking about overlanders.

I tried to like snail trail but just can't get into it, I'm a Toyota fan boi, but listening to other people fan boi over Toyotas annoys me. :flipoff2:

Are you sure you listened to the right podcast? They love Jeeps & Broncos now :flipoff2:
LOL!!! The last one I listened to was probably the history of the 8" diff or something like that!:flipoff2:

In all seriousness the trail welder snail trail episode was informational!!

Top Back Refresh