What's new

4th of July food thread

Aggie06

I ain't the one to blame.
Member Number
Loc
Balls Deep South Texas
What’s everyone cooking today?

I’n about 7 hours into smoking a brisket.

Sides are going to be potato salad, borracho beans, and something for dessert. Going to attempt smoked deviled eggs also.

1620F771-5B21-4EEE-A309-F210E6E392A7.jpeg

Fuck, I am incapable of eating any traditional cook out food nowadays.....That includes steaks,chops, burgers, hot dogs,salads and so on....Just can't swallow it....I can eat ice cream , potatoe chips, peanuts and drink a beer however..

Not sure yet. Could be chili verde, pan fried catfish fillets, or pork chops. If the wife wants something else we could run to the market. :shrug:

grilled a tritip last night. going to bro-in-laws this afternoon. no idea what he has planned but were bringing some veggie tray, beer of course and kids made rice crispy treats. the parade got canceled but i hope fireworks show is still a go.

RUGER

grilled a tritip last night. going to bro-in-laws this afternoon. no idea what he has planned but were bringing some veggie tray, beer of course and kids made rice crispy treats. the parade got canceled but i hope fireworks show is still a go.

RUGER

If you're over by me the fireworks are a no go.

Same around here. Pretty much all fireworks have been cancelled. Brisket is wrapped, smoked deviled eggs are ugly but done, about to get beans cooking.

No fireworks or parade.

Just cheeseburgers on the grill with deviled eggs and potato salad.

Brisket is resting in a cooler. Beans are working. Wife is making potato salad and braking creme brûlée’s for dessert.

slow cooking a pork shoulder today, going to make it carnitas. probably rice and beans as a side. :smokin:

Same here, except for a side my extended family is covering that. Grilling some hot dogs as well. I can see the city fireworks from my backyard, and watching the rest of the neighborhood blow shit up. Should be a good day.

Getting takeout from a local bar for lunch. Will probably do burgers and steaks on the Blackstone for supper. Our local town is having a parade at 7 and then fireworks, we haven't decided if we are going to go to that or stop by the neighbors campground tonight to hangout and watch their fireworks show.

Just doing burgers here. I mitigated the no fireworks shows and took up a collection from neighbors to do our own show this year. Ended up picking up $2k worth of stuff after a trip up to PA the other day.
594CA586-8111-47B8-8539-7C52E4BF7224.jpeg

First big harvest from garden.

Making fresh salsa for an appetizer, string beans & potatoes (also from garden) to go with marinated Ball-Tip.

Planning on jarring the salsa & making pickles as well (more tomatoes not pictured from yesterday)

7EBBBC50-5A1D-4CC6-BF2C-EE39E1E2DD45.jpeg

From scratch sour dough waffles with ham and eggs for breakfast. The other half of the Wagyu I ordered with grilled asparagus and dill potatoes for dinner latter tonight. No fireworks for us since we live in the forest and it has been dry as hell for the last couple of months.

Leftover Delmonico steak, mashed and baby carrots :) Not much else to do.

ETA: wife made me strawberry shortcake with blue whipped cream, murica

Last edited:
Smoked a pork butt over night. Wasn't really planning on it but it was $.99/lb and I can't pass it up at that price. Just been hanging around the house drinking, eating and swimming in the pool all weekend.

Fireworks are canceled here as well. We have a few mortars that we are going to shoot up over the water tonight though. Hopefully others will follow suit.

About to pull ribs out of the smoker. For dessert the mrs made some banana pineapple cake thing. Been working on the xj all day about to feast.

Top Back Refresh