What's new

4th Gen RAM Free Spin Kits?

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Anyone on here with a 4th gen RAM run a Free Spin kit? Was talking with a buddy last night and he mentioned putting one on his 06 Dodge 2500. he found a Yukon kit on Amazon for $1220. which seems like a screaming deal.

My RAM is a '15 so of course the kit for mine a bit more. Free Spin

Doesn't look like it comes with u joints which I will just put Spicers in it. Mine has 115k on it, bone stock other than running Method wheels. I run the stock size tires since it's a tow rig and the fucker is already tall enough to be a PITA to get shit out of it over the side.

From what I have heard you won't notice a ton of MPG increase. maybe 1 or 2 but the steering is a little easier and tires last longer.

I could see the appeal for the '06, but I doubt you'd see any real benefit MPG wise on the '15 since it has CAD. If you're in there already though, consider doing the ball joints if you haven't already.

Pete

I put the yukon kit on my 04. I did it for the serviceability of opposing bearings on something I put a ton of miles on. I changed more than one unit bearing on the side of the interstate.

You're right on all counts. May have had an effect on milage, but not enough to matter. You can definitely feel the difference with the front drive not turning all the time. My kit didn't come with joints and I ran spicers. Also I crossed all the yukon part# over by application incase I have to grab bearings or seals in a pinch.

I'd recommend the kit to most anyone.

Idk what year my friends truck is, maybe a 13, but he said it's a completely different truck handling wise, and he mentioned the 1-2mpg

Run a Yukon kit on an 07 3500 drw

unit bearings went bad with 60k on them. I decided to do the free spin because enough stuff goes wrong with the truck. it’s one less thing to worry about.
The turning at full lock is improved. Fuel economy has not improved enough to notice.

Buddy put one of these kits on his '06 Cummins and said the difference is very noticeable driving it. claims to pick up a couple mpg but the biggest difference is the steering effort. He said it's like running a 2wd truck. plus when you let off the gas it will coast rather than feel like you throw on the brakes.

Looks like Amazon has them marked down to $1320 for the kit for mine so I am re investigating this idea.

Top Back Refresh