What's new

4L80

HYDRODYNAMIC

Rock Stacker
Member Number
Loc
Lost in the forest
I rebuilt a newer gen 4L80, the one with the top bolt for LS applications with a Jakes Perrformance stage 2 kit configured for off-road use using engine braking and factory shift pattern.
This kit includes all the rebuild components to build a STAGE 2 4L80E unit. It includes a master kit with High Energy frictions, new steels, bonded pistons, and additional friction for the direct. New rear band, front band, filter, full bushing kit, and thrust washer kit. New internal harness, shift solenoids, and pressure manifold switch. HD intermediate snap ring, rear torrington bearing, machined forward hub with torrington bearing, 34 element sprag, and instructions/parts to make your own hydraulic improvements without buying a valve body kit. Also has the upgraded rear output bushing. Also has the Jakes valve body separator plate for off road use. All end play tolerance is dead on per Jakes specs. Even the goofy mid section end play that has take up before you get the actual end play reading. Housing was blasted clean, no paint, grit or grime. Has a painted black steel pan. Only issue I know of is one of the front pan bolts was stripped so I have a thru bolt and nut in that one location.
Jakes stage 2 trans is $3250 with a $300 core charge.
Jakes stage 2 trans rebuild kit is $950 and around another $100 for the valve body plate and another $50 for the pan.
I came across another new gen core so I am thinking of rebuilding that one the same way and selling off my current one to make some money after investing the time to learn how to rebuild the trans as well as all the special tooling. The trans is located in Kingsburg CA and I would prefer local pickup, unless you set up shipping.
I need to hit at least the price for all the new rebuild parts and the core and anything above that is labor for the work.
PM or reply your if interested and If it’s worth it I’ll sell it and rebuild the next one, if not I’ll run it and keep the second one for a rainy day.
You can check out my build thread for pictures of the trans.
$10,000 OBO, ask for the coupon code for instant discount
Grendel’s price $15,000 no offers accepted

Last edited:
We don't do auctions here.

Include a price and location of the item being sold

We don't do auctions here.

Include a price and location of the item being sold

Fixed it for you. If someone is willing to negotiate on a set price or take offers then technically it could be considered an auction.
There is probably only a few people here who would be interested in this trans and we would be negotiating the price regardless of what I list it as. The value is called out so the potential buyer can decide what it’s worth to them.
Just because someone offers more than someone else doesn’t mean I would sell it to them. If they are a hassle to work with then I would take less $ for less of a headache.

Fixed it for you. If someone is willing to negotiate on a set price or take offers then technically it could be considered an auction.
There is probably only a few people here who would be interested in this trans and we would be negotiating the price regardless of what I list it as. The value is called out so the potential buyer can decide what it’s worth to them.
Just because someone offers more than someone else doesn’t mean I would sell it to them. If they are a hassle to work with then I would take less $ for less of a headache.
Hilarious. I am sure folks would appreciate a start point, thus the price requirement, even if it's OBO.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh