What's new

NC 4 seater buggy

TaltonOffRoad

Full time traveler
Member Number
Loc
In a camper, everywhere
I am looking for a V8 1 ton 4 seater buggy. Not looking for any projects, not looking for any wranglers, or rigs on air shocks, coil springs or leaf springs. Needs to be turn key ready to wheel.

Ideal rig has C/O, bumps and straps, full hydro, LS with Atlas, Treps or SXs. 115”-118” wheelbase ideally. Nicely finished and dead reliable. I don't want something with open floors, booger welds and bird nest wiring with electrical tape.

Shopping in the $35k range with some flexibility. I have my eye on a WOD rig and an M&M rig but I'm in no great hurry and weighing all my options.

I will travel to get it or have it shipped if the seller will work with me setting up a transporter after walk around videos/FaceTime or whatever.

I have agreed to buy 2 different buggies now only for the seller to flake. Please don’t reach out to me unless you’re truly willing to sell.

Pic for no reason, I was test fitting my buddies rig to see what the max wheelbase I could haul is.
4d56c953-6f6d-427f-8938-7c60a82fdf41-jpeg.jpg

Is there just nothing out there, or am I not being taken serious since I’m “new”?
Facebook group "rock crawling classifieds" seems to have more rock crawling classifieds for buggies.

You might contact the builders you mentioned, and let them know your looking. Seems that folks reach out back to the chassis builder when they go to sell something like this, and if the builder knows you're looking, might connect you.

Is there just nothing out there, or am I not being taken serious since I’m “new”?
There's not much out there in general. I was shopping for a 2 seater with similar specs and they do show up but you'll need to be ready to jump on it even at 50K price tags.

Also, not saying you won't find one but your price of 35K is actually low for what your looking for (quality, full skinned, turn key). Most I came across in the last year or so were 50-70K. I found a good amount for 25-40K but I dont think they'd meet your standards.

Seems with parts companies being way behind, buggy builders and shops being way behind, people are willing to spend way more than average just to get "turn key".

My budget can go higher. I just don’t like putting my max out there cause then it seems magically that every buggy becomes that number.
I’ve actually agreed to buy one and made an offer last night. The guy isn’t sure if he wants to sell it or not, so he’s gonna think on it and let me know. We shall see.

I think you are going to have a really hard time finding a well sorted buggy for 35.

I also think you are wrong about posting a low max price. The guy with a $60k buggy thats hirting for cash and might take 48 wont bother with you.

How do you like this?

I’ve made quite a bit of changes. Cut the giant stinger off and redone the front. Had to redo the coilovers due ridiculous spring rates, had to have a new ECU so I could have it dyno tuned cause it didn’t run as good as it could. Replaced all seats and harnesses, and had to rebuild the front axle in the campground at Windrock back in February. The tires were 10 years old so I replaced those as well. I’m currently in AZ, just tackled all of the Table Mesa area wheeling with Wrecked Gear. Next week I’ll be moving on to Sand Hollow. When I get to Utah I need to find someone to build me a new front drive shaft.

Overall I’m extremely happy with it and it performs incredibly well now that I’ve sunk an additional $10k into it lol.
5BF1AC63-5F52-469C-A515-E9CA68D823B3.jpeg
06974981-2E24-4BAB-B41A-844D5BF79912.jpeg
8C4EB20F-97EC-4C42-8C36-402C1340636A.jpeg

Top Back Refresh