What's new

3rd Gen 4Runner SAS

Thats the brand my boy is running on his 80 Series, and my brother put on his lexus.
I'm running lowly old TG shit on both of my rigs.

I Run kickouts on my rigs, but heard guys say they get hung on rocks.

Those kick outs hang people up more that they realize.

Buuut! They do a really good job of protecting the doors and work fine for a mild rig.

I ran All Pro (TG) on my old 84 and didn't have any issues with them, did the job lol. But I had a hard time finding sliders that had a smaller kick out that also covered fender to fender underneath, been eyeing these for a bit and decided it was time, I've been paranoid about my rocker panels for too long lol. They look like quality units so though they hurt the wallet a bit I think they'll be just fine.

Edit: I went with DOM on these.
My son has dropped the weight of the 80 on his with no issue, On a 4runner you should have no issue.

Got my gauges almost completely wired in yesterday afternoon. Need the dimmer wired in, otherwise they're functional. Then put the interior back together and prep the sliders.
PXL_20220925_025538414.jpg

Good luck with the dimmer.
I'm a bit tired was dirtbiking all day, I just mean wiring their dimmer circuit in so they dim when the headlights are switched on. Honestly that cubby made a perfect spot since it was basically useless for anything else lol.

I'm a bit tired was dirtbiking all day, I just mean wiring their dimmer circuit in so they dim when the headlights are switched on. Honestly that cubby made a perfect spot since it was basically useless for anything else lol.
I should have explained myself, It's not as easy as splicing into the dimmer circuit, Mine is backasswards, so full brightness on the dash lights my gauges are blacked out, and reverse

the dimmer switch is not just a simple dimmer.

Last I remember reading up on my cheap glows gift guage. You wire it into the head light switch, so when the head lights are on, it dims.

Unless these have actually variable dim like a factory Guage cluster?

Last I remember reading up on my cheap glows gift guage. You wire it into the head light switch, so when the head lights are on, it dims.

Unless these have actually variable dim like a factory Guage cluster?
These should do the same, but the button on the bottom has different brightness presets. Guess I'll find out tonight.

They're in, and honestly they're pretty bright even in the darkest mode lol. Kind of just threw the dimmer wire into 12v accessory because of that to be able to use their night time settings. The daytime settings were super bright. I'm going to see how it looks during the day and run a wire from headlight circuit if needed but I don't think it's going to be needed.
PXL_20220929_042717182.jpg

So far so good on the gauges, the darkest night setting is fine at night and during the day. Coolant is constantly around mid 180s with the highest I've seen be only 190. As for the transmission, when driving the highest I have seen was 130 and that was town driving, no torque lock up a hill for 5 mins doing 35 gets it to around 125*. I hit the top of the cooler with a temp laser and it said 150 but the sensor T was the same as what the gauge read. The sensor is on a line connected to the hardline furthest towards the front of the transmission so it should be the feed line out to the cooler. These are Max Tow gauges and sensors.

Finally got around to getting that Amazon washer bottle, wired up and plumbed to the front squirters, I don't ever use the rear so not a big deal. Also picked up some 35x12.5 Trxus MTs, thinking they will do way better in the snow, BFGs were OK but not the greatest.
20230605_221629.jpg

Attachments

• 20230526_151856.jpg
    20230526_151856.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
Finally got around to getting that Amazon washer bottle, wired up and plumbed to the front squirters, I don't ever use the rear so not a big deal. Also picked up some 35x12.5 Trxus MTs, thinking they will do way better in the snow, BFGs were OK but not the greatest.
20230605_221629.jpg
I need to do that kit.

I need to do that kit.
It's kind of just squished in there right now. Not really sure what I'm going to do to mount it other than maybe add some padding to the airbox to keep more tension on it. If you bolt your airbox in, then it'll stay but personally I would like to make a bracket for it eventually, just tired of hauling a water bottle along to wash my windshield.

Got a link to that Amazon bottle?

I pulled mine also and it really sucks not having a sprayer around here during winter.:laughing:

First page :smokin: that will take you to Rockota's post linking me it.

It's kind of just squished in there right now. Not really sure what I'm going to do to mount it other than maybe add some padding to the airbox to keep more tension on it. If you bolt your airbox in, then it'll stay but personally I would like to make a bracket for it eventually, just tired of hauling a water bottle along to wash my windshield.
My tire grabbed the pump out of the stock one so I removed it, and Ive seen some kits, I just need to do it

My tire grabbed the pump out of the stock one so I removed it, and Ive seen some kits, I just need to do it
Exactly what happened to mine immediately lol. Been without one for 3 years and Rockota gave me that link during my initial posts, just been on the back burner for a bit..

I assume it was easy to splice with the factory wiring?
Yup, there were two plugs, one red/blk one blue/blk, splice into the red/blk with the supplied plug and wires that come with the kit (they're red/blk too) and that's it, pull back on the wiper stick to test, mine works pretty good. I cut the factory plug, used crimps and taped up the whole thing all the way to the plug.

Might as well update this thread too with new the new stuff. See my F150 write up thread below as that was the next thing I did. I will go more indepth when I 4 link.

Top Back Refresh