What's new

.308 or 6.5 Creedmoor?

Jakey_Recline

Gay for Toyotas
Member Number
Loc
Memphis
Building an AR10, settled on an 18" barrel but not the caliber.
I have bolt guns chambered in both so I already have ammo to feed either.
Main purpose of the rifle will be White Tail and KD out to 600yds, not necessarily competitions but there could be a few.

.308 is easier to find when out and about. When shtf .308 would be more readily available. I built a 6.5 creed with a 21” barreled ar10 and it shoots so well. Nice and flat and the projectile carries. A lot of people around where I live have started hunting more with the 6.5.

Either will take down any deer.

308 will have more recoil, (not a lot, but noticeable)

CM will use less powder if you're hand loading.

308 will have a bigger selection of factory ammo

CM will have less drop at extended distances

Like the man said, flip a coin.

During the last great ammo shortage, 6.5cm was the last to disappear from the shelves around me, so based on that, I might tend to get a CM and just accept being a hipster gun fag.

the difference in trajectory at 500 yards between a high BC 143gr 6.5 and high BC 178 gr 7.62 is about 6 inches.

and a 10 MPH crosswind the drift difference between the 2 is about 3 inches.

some people make a MUCH bigger deal about the difference between 308 and 6.5 creed than there is. especially at 600 and in. the biggest differences are going to come in when you are trying to stretch beyond 1k. it will obviously take more dialing to get to 1000 yards with a 308 but really after that, unless you are reloading and pushing velocity and pressures, its about done. 6.5 gets you another 400 yards or so.

id pick 308 because i like women. but you do what you want.

My 6.5CM is stupid accurate on factory ammo. As in, point, pull, hit. Clover leaf accuracy with factory ammo and cheap Vortex scope.
My .308 is just accurate. Point, pull, close enough. 1.5” groups with factory ammo and cheap Vortex scope.

These are Savage 110 bolt guns.

6.5CM was never out of stock in my area…

:shaking: You should just let your boyfriend make the decision.

Thanks for the input everyone, will probably stick with the 308. And Stuck you dont always have to share so much man.
It was a joke cupcake, not a dick. Dont take it so hard. Did it make your pussy hurt that bad? At least I dont need to ask my imaginary friends what cool caliber I should get or what kind of tampon to shove up my bleeding gash. Let me guess, next your gonna ask where to get a holster so you to can open carry your AR.

And you have shitted up yet another thread.
Shitted up a shitty thread? .308 or 6.5, its a completely personal decision yet you have to ask strangers? Either will more than do what you want and if you have bolt guns in both you should know that.

Both are well established in ar10 platforms, and at 600yds the only significant(barely) differences between the 2 is recoil and wind drift(again barely). So like I said since you cant decide let your boyfriend. Or sack up and buy an upper in each.

Top Back Refresh