What's new

3010 Mule

ChiScouter

Red Skull Member
Member Number
My quest for a workhorse cheap SXS goes on. Todays probable folly is a 06 4 seat Mule 3010 1500 hours. Guys story is he bought it cheap figuring it had a bad belt. Turns out it had a hole in the rear diff. 3 years ago he bought the rear diff and as you can see in the pic he has too many other projects and decided to put this up. Engine ran fine when bought but hasn't been touched in 3 years. I thought paint was faded but he says it is a wrap and bad picture. He is asking 3k and said not a penny less. He is a 2 hour drive fro me. My plan would be to get rid of the rear seat and put a big dump bed on it. Prices around her for SxS are insane, guys get 3 or 4 grand for 30 year old stuff all day long.

What would something like this sell for where you are at?

Attachments

• 4 seat mule.jpg
    4 seat mule.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 44
I'm in the same general area as you so prices are about the same. That thing looks real beat on for $3k, especially if you don't have to have a 4 seater. I think that'd be >$1000 if it went through an auction.

This brought $4500 (plus 25% fees/taxes) today in S. Indiana for an auction place that deals primarily in N. Indiana. Running/driving beat up bobcat diesel SxS.

Most of my experience is with rented 4 and 6 wheel gators and Club Car Utilities. All of them got really light in the front when we loaded "probably overloaded" them down to the point where steering was an issue.. My thought is that long wheelbase with a dump bed full "overloaded" with dirt , stone or mulch would at least plant some weight on the front end, probably so I could break that too .

Are you just looking for a powered wheel barrow for running a little property?

Are you just looking for a powered wheel barrow for running a little property?
I have a hill with a 35ft rise in 200 lineal ft with 175ft of lakefront at the bottom. I want to be able to haul the largest loads of dirt, sand, stone, mulch etc up and down that I can. Unless the weather is dry it is really sketchy with trailers even with brakes. 2wd dump trucks have slid down the hill when wet and been unable to drive back up. Trailers have jackknifed. A dump truck is just physically too big and SXS would just be so handy but used prices around here are just brutal. FWIW that 3010 was still for sale as of a couple of days ago, it must be a total POS or it would have sold in a few days.

I have a hill with a 35ft rise in 200 lineal ft with 175ft of lakefront at the bottom. I want to be able to haul the largest loads of dirt, sand, stone, mulch etc up and down that I can. Unless the weather is dry it is really sketchy with trailers even with brakes. 2wd dump trucks have slid down the hill when wet and been unable to drive back up. Trailers have jackknifed. A dump truck is just physically too big and SXS would just be so handy but used prices around here are just brutal. FWIW that 3010 was still for sale as of a couple of days ago, it must be a total POS or it would have sold in a few days.
They probably can’t demonstrate that it will start.

This is the one I started the thread about, it must be a real POS. It was almost a 2 hour drive so I never bothered looking at it.
I didn't really have a hard on for a mule specifically, but another 3010 came up for 4K that was just a little out of the way on my commute home. I am picking it up this weekend. It needs a little TLC and adjustments and a good pressure washing but I was lucky to get it. He had 4 guys lined up to look at it the day after I did.
Brakes are 4 wheel drums and weak, low range drives through them. What are the best pads out there for these things?
I think rated load capacity is around 1k, and from what i have read most of the hydraulic bed hoist kits are good for about 300lbs and cost 1k. I need to come up with something that will lift 1k or more. Someone else must have done it on one of these SxS's but googling has not helped much.

Top Back Refresh