What's new

30 Splines

My brother is running the 30 spline empi that I scored for dirt cheap from 4wp, 36 iroks and no issues.

I've been running TG on my truggy since pretty much the beginning 15 years and I've maybe trashed 10 +/- or more but that was with sticky tires/abused. Never broke the inner axle shaft but have definitely twisted the shit out of them.

Been running the gun drilled on my 4runner for 4 years but that's with 35" km2. No issue or clicking

I recently put the RCV in for my last year with no issues on 39 reds but now I just installed a 609 in the front.

Pics of one of the twisted shafts
20220605_145434.jpg

Youre getting closer. Not trying to do anything with the shaft (which is RCV brand on the side were talking about) Just the birf. And after Tech Tim s awesome post, I think ill just try to take it apart and smooth the grooves my self, keep it for a spare.

RCV says this is the rebuild kit for a "toyota birfield." (Part # d44-r)

1624641994666.png

Had these next to each other so I figured Id snap a pic. Bobbylong shaft on top, tg in the middle and stock on the bottom.

PHNSFJyl.jpg

Stock:

BKOu2YZl.jpg

bobby long:

XVO6n6ul.jpg

Tg Long

LOtTrXjl.jpg

Birffs: TG, Stock, long. Stock is about 1/8" shorter than the other two.

nWnpgNPl.jpg

Lucked out, found a used cage/race/balls from a jeep buddy who blew the bell on his d44 rcvs and the inners survived.

Fits great! Packed it full of franks goop and put it on the shelf for later.
Yeah, I spoke to their customer service when rebuilding my old (non gun drilled RCVs) and they confirmed that the Yota and D44 cage, race, and balls are the same parts.

No significant problems here. this set has had 37-38s on it and been locked full time for a decade of ownership between my buddy and I.

Top Back Refresh