What's new

2wd long travel custom cab

I agree....

I go to Nevada often enough to ride my quad, that this will be fun out there. But it also going to be my daily for awhile too. It's just too fucking fun to not drive.

Les Schwab pretty much laughed at me when I had them try to align it today. They couldnt do the camber or caster, they could only set the toe.

It does drive straight as an arrow down the road though

Because they're 20 yr old meat heads or because it's aftermarket shit?

I need to have my 96 4runner aligned and the only place in town is molest schwab. :homer:

Because they're 20 yr old meat heads or because it's aftermarket shit?

I need to have my 96 4runner aligned and the only place in town is molest schwab. :homer:
Because it's aftermarket shit. They referred me to a place 30 min away who can supposedly handle it

have them look at the controls arms on the driver side. Maybe the uniballs are making the clunk you’re hearing.

I agree....

I go to Nevada often enough to ride my quad, that this will be fun out there. But it also going to be my daily for awhile too. It's just too fucking fun to not drive.

Les Schwab pretty much laughed at me when I had them try to align it today. They couldnt do the camber or caster, they could only set the toe.

It does drive straight as an arrow down the road though
Get one of these Link

Also after I ready this thread yesterday, this came up on FB marketplace.

IMG_4026.PNG

IMG_4027.PNG

Rig looks good! Funny thing is Bryan was sending me pictures of it just the other day and today i see this thread. the world works in weird ways.

cant wait to see some of the action pics!

Reactions: Add
For some reason I now want that blue custom cab with marlin doubler. Probably so I can be like Add and we can tour malls together. It just needs a one ton swap.

I bet it's actually sold by now.

For some reason I now want that blue custom cab with marlin doubler. Probably so I can be like Add and we can tour malls together. It just needs a one ton swap.

I just looked at the ad, it's still up. Not marked sold yet. If you are serious send me a PM and I'll figure out how to get the ad to you.

I'm driving out to El Paso on Sunday and will be working there for a few days if you need someone to put eyes on it for you..... :stirthepot:

He isn't serious....he's halfway into a won ton swap on his xj. And he needs to finish it!
It’s actually appealing because I could put the 35 back under the jeep, and link the custom cab.

18" c/o's and an ugly jungle gym cage, can't imagine why it's still up :homer:

I actually just remembered I had a custom cab for a hot second. It was a 79 2wd long bed dually. It was in like 07-08 when the mega cabs dodges first came out, so my buddies dubbed it the mucho cab :laughing: it was a long bitch for a little 2wd. What was cool was that the extended cab section was the same hieght as the factory cab, looked sleeker, I guess.

Cool stary brah.... :flipoff2:

You had to use aluminum?

At least make some nice ones. Also remember that spring under put the leaf spring pad on the main leaf. Make sure you have some radius to combat cracking.

You dirty hippie son of a bitch! I am amazed you followed through with this thing and I can’t believe it has the bedcage I built for it 10 years ago.

Edit: That bed cage was terrible. If you tow that turd down to Clovis I will build you a proper setup pro-bono.. except for material cost.

Last edited:
You dirty hippie son of a bitch! I am amazed you followed through with this thing and I can’t believe it has the bedcage I built for it 10 years ago.

Edit: That bed cage was terrible. If you tow that turd down to Clovis I will build you a proper setup pro-bono.. except for material cost.
I know this isn't Patrick....because I've been trying to get ahold of you for the last 5 years, you fucker:flipoff2:

I know this isn't Patrick....because I've been trying to get ahold of you for the last 5 years, you fucker:flipoff2:
El O El! An internet acquaintance from Dezertrangers posted a pic of your custom cab and I went off talking about how I knew this guy up in Grass Valley trying to build one years ago. He says same guy, here’s his build thread.

Top Back Refresh