What's new

2RZ alternator wiring question

Allen1532

Member Number
I am currently going through the wiring for the 1998 2WD M/T 2RZ swap i am doing in my buggy. The first things that has me scratching my head is the wiring to the alternator. I have (3) wires coming from the plug. White, Red and Yellow & i have looked through lots of wiring diagrams but not seeing anything that definitively tells me what each wire is for.

Just an FYI, i have cut the wiring harness down to just what is needed. All of my relays are controlled by switches so these wires from the alternator i will be wiring in manually as needed.

alternator wiring.jpg

This guy has a ton of wiring info. seems like every time I needed a pinout he had something that worked for my 2rz swap.

This looks great. I think i got it.

(Yellow; L) I will have one wired to turn on the charge light if there is a charging problem. Basically it grounds itself when there is a problem.
(Red; IG) Send power to this pin whenever the Ignition is on. I have a relay that closes when i turn on the ignition, so ill wire from here
(White; S) Senses the voltage in the system. I will wire this to my fuse box so it senses the voltage in the entire system; and not wire this to the output of the alternator.

Top Back Refresh