What's new

22re temp sensors

Squamch

Canadian
Member Number
Loc
republic of Vancouver island
I've got an 87...ish...I think? 22re that I'm swapping into the panda. I want to put a thermostat controlled e fan on it, and on my 22r I had it on, there was an unused boss on the intake that I drilled and tapped. There I'm not seeing a convenient spot to do that on the RE intake, but there are 3 damn temp sensors. I've read a few different explanations of what they all do. I'm sure there's at least 1 that I can do away with and put the probe for the efan into.

So here's a pic of each of the 3;
#1- on the thermostat housing
20230103_171002.jpg

#2- vertical on the lower intake
20230103_171005.jpg

And #3, horizontal on the lower intake (hard to get a good picture, green, center, with a dirty finger touching it:laughing:)
20230103_171039.jpg

Which is what? One thing I read said that the one on the thermostat neck is for AC somehow or another.

Would it be best to put the probe on the thermostat neck, or on the intake? Why?

Whatcha need specifically
I'm gunna go grab my 85 fsm and reread this...

#1 is listed in ac section as water temp. Switch, fwiw, my non ac 85 has this( betting the computer uses it for "other shit")
#2 is purty sure dash Guage don't quote me yet, brb
Still digging,
my .02 statt housing would be best.
Unplug it and see what dies first.

Last edited:
I re swapped my 83 w/an 85 eng. Bar called it a 86.

I cannot find #3 in the 85 fsm, seems its in the med sized puter plug, ( not helpful).

Pretty positive #2 goes to dash Guage, also recall #1 not doing jack when I was doing the smog swap...

Let me know if you need anything else.
As useless as it is...

What about the driver side block drain?

Clb is correct.
1. Is for the ac ( I believe it serves no other purpose).
2. Is the dash temp gauge.
3. Not familiar with this one

The real important one for the ecu is on the front of the intake, next to the thermo time switch

Top Back Refresh