What's new

22RE head, rebuild or reman vendor

Elvis-n-texas

indefatigable
Member Number
Who is the go to for either rebuilding my core, or a rebuilt.

The Blue 86 has a chineseium head, and the exhaust seats have shifted/worn. ( typical problem, as I understand)

Time to cut out press in new hardened exhaust seats and a full rework of the valves.

The chineseium head rocked the block for the 1st 8000 miles, then the exhaust seats migrated. Great power from the larger valves and the cam....

Engnbldr ( Ted) has retired...

Any suggestions?

Any local machine/cylinder head shop can put new valves/seats in the head you already have. If it were me, I'd find good used Toyota head to have redone.

Reman a Toyota head
phawk china

Edit
One thing I picked up at my machine shop, after "refurbishing" a time or 2, the oem rockers adj screws magically shorten to the point of being flush to the top of the rocker
there are " new" replacement units out there from....

Last edited:
I have 3 heads, two toyota one chineseium.
The chineseium casting out performs the stock 80's castings.

I won't cry if I lose the chineseium head, but am saving the stock heads for later ( like , 10 years from now when they magically transform into gold)

I have 3 heads, two toyota one chineseium.
The chineseium casting out performs the stock 80's castings.

I won't cry if I lose the chineseium head, but am saving the stock heads for later ( like , 10 years from now when they magically transform into gold)
^^^ I am holding on to a Toy head as well for the same thought:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Top Back Refresh