What's new

2103 F250 6.7 hill descent fault

Brokenxj

Member Number
Anybody have any ideas for a quick fix? Sitting in a truck stop right now. Kicked on on I-81 and can't get over 60 MPH and if it down shifts it stays in the gear. Tried pulling battery cables and letting it sit for 10 minutes worked for about 5 minutes. Internet searches say everything from a loose ground to bad wheel sensors/hubs.

In the F150 it's usually a bad steering rack.

ABS failures, and lead fram issues in the trans.

Is the traction control light on?

Here are things I’ve found that cause limited speed and no cruise control.

TPMS fault (causes tire light)
Brake light bulb out
ABS sensor (causes light)

Or Someone programmed the youth key on you.

Traction control light on, error message "service advanctrac". Buddy coming with 24" dovetail for truck and one for fifth wheel to get it home so I can fawk with it with tools.

Traction control light on, error message "service advanctrac". Buddy coming with 24" dovetail for truck and one for fifth wheel to get it home so I can fawk with it with tools.
Sorry man. Might be as simple as a sensor. I had a wheel bearing come apart on one and cause all those lights to come on and the same result. No speed no cruise.

Probably best to have it towed. I went two miles at 10 mph or less and it ruined the rotor the selectable hub both the caliper and the caliper bracket.

Had to push it to get off the highway to a truck stop(less than 20 miles) so I'm not on the side of the highway. Was already planning on front axle ujoints so got the hubs on order too. Hopefully forescan can help narrow it down.

The fault would up being the brake pedal switch. Once I had the trailer off it did ok (22ft dovetail will not hold a cclb...).

With a problem like that you need the code and then diagnose it by the book. Guessing gets expensive.

Laptop with forscan now permanent fixture in truck tool load out.

Top Back Refresh