What's new

205 twin stick linkage

Hyde

Andgoseek
Member Number
Loc
North Idaho
Np435/205 combo I made my own twin stick setup for. I don't know what I thought would happen but the allthread bent the first time I shifted :homer:

What's everyone using to connect their rod ends? I was considering sleeving the allthread with small diameter tube or cutting the head off and threading the shank of a grade 8 bolt
IMG_20200518_181005117.jpg

I bought some 3/8" round stock and threaded the ends of it. But my shit is still on stands so I don't have use other than making engine noises sitting on a wooden crate.

I bought some 3/8" round stock and threaded the ends of it. But my shit is still on stands so I don't have use other than making engine noises sitting on a wooden crate.

This was my other thought, figure that has to be way stronger than allthread, and easier to thread than a bolt

I also bought some of the graded threaded rod that dnsfailure listed, I was planning on running that for the straight runs and the 3/8 round for the ones I need to bend.

Not a twin stick setup, but I used some grade B7 3/8" all thread to make extended shifter linkage for my transfer case after I installed my doubler and it has been working great the last few years. A lot of the all thread you find at hardware stores is really low grade, like grade 2, so I bet that is your issue. I was going to sleeve the all thread with some 1/2" .0625 wall tubing for mostly cosmetic reasons, but never got around to it.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the setup I am talking about:
IMG_4507.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4507.jpg Views:	0 Size:	409.3 KB ID:	33485

EDIT 2: Here is the exact rod I used https://www.ebay.com/itm/FABORY-Thre...EAAOSw2xRYeZMe Less than $10 with shipping. I still have over 2' of the rod left, but it would probably cost me more to ship it to you than if you just bought the brand new 3' piece.

Last edited:
I used one male one female rod end for both my 300 setups. Never had an issue with either one.

You should be able to find a grade 8 bolt with enough thread to just cut off the head and shank, doesn’t look like it’s too long from the picture.

89.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	89.jpg Views:	2 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	35137

Ive had 3/8" allthread in mine since 2005 with no issues. Are you sure you dont have some other issue? (not trying to be a dick here, but...) Maybe the rails arent ground properly? Or did you just use cheap Lowes brand all-thread?

That said, I have threaded the shank of a 3/8" Gr8 bolt to make a clutch tool for an E4OD, its totally possible to do. Not as hard to do as youd think.

Ive had 3/8" allthread in mine since 2005 with no issues. Are you sure you dont have some other issue? (not trying to be a dick here, but...) Maybe the rails arent ground properly? Or did you just use cheap Lowes brand all-thread?

That said, I have threaded the shank of a 3/8" Gr8 bolt to make a clutch tool for an E4OD, its totally possible to do. Not as hard to do as youd think.

It's just cheap garbage grade allthread. It actually shifts fine even with it bent, I would just like to fix it right before I have problem. It does get pretty bound up being welded/f&r so took a learning curve to be able to shift it smooth

I've used threaded section of center pin with good luck. Was late when made repair using what was around.

It's just cheap garbage grade allthread. It actually shifts fine even with it bent, I would just like to fix it right before I have problem. It does get pretty bound up being welded/f&r so took a learning curve to be able to shift it smooth

Order the stuff I linked. <$10 shipped and you'll have tons left over for other projects.

My spendy NP205 twin sticked or at least at that stage.

2015-09-29%2016.19.29.jpg

Np435/205 combo I made my own twin stick setup for. I don't know what I thought would happen but the allthread bent the first time I shifted :homer:

What's everyone using to connect their rod ends? I was considering sleeving the allthread with small diameter tube or cutting the head off and threading the shank of a grade 8 bolt

Nobody has mentioned it yet...
Why is the inner linkage built with the long drop and what looks like a pretty bad angles?
Outer/front looks great.

Hell i used shit 3/8" round rod bent over to make my 3x shifter and never had an issue.

Nobody has mentioned it yet...
Why is the inner linkage built with the long drop and what looks like a pretty bad angles?
Outer/front looks great.

Hell i used shit 3/8" round rod bent over to make my 3x shifter and never had an issue.

I just looked at the shifter kits that were available and copied that design, it lined it up with the hole that was already in the shifter to keep the pivot point and throw similar on both shifters.

I have considered changing it but it shifts fine as long as the drivetrain isn't bound up
Screenshot_20200611-085026.png

It might be the picture, the linkage sits flat, same plane as the other shifter

We just used 3/8 flat bar for my buddies shift links. we used a pinch nut and just left them slightly loos for the pivots. its been nice and tight so far.

79976217_2649462435142030_3698277479660650496_o.jpg

Top Back Refresh