What's new

2025 KoH; Attending for nOOBs: How/What/Where/Why

Is ice available there? Id assume yes at a convenience price

yeah ice is there. not really bad priced considering.

vendors I am interested how this year will be. last year there was no one walking around hammertown vender area like in years past. it was weird. I wonder if it will have an effect on who comes back.

Is ice available there? Id assume yes at a convenience price
They had a full on convenience store in HT. Last year was my first trip and I was blown away with what was out there. I stressed about our trip bad and 100% didn't need to. Had a blast and anything I forgot was readily available or not needed.

The first year I went I towed the Unimog and used one of the RV rental sites to have a RV delivered to the entrance of KOH. We got a much bigger one than we needed, but it was only about $200 a night. Given the unpredictable weather, I’d lean towards this option if you can
I did look into this a bit, but it gets expensive quick. For a very basic trailer at $132 a night for 3 nights, plus delivery, and fees, it is $1100. I am likely going solo, so nobody to split the cost with. That said, just the nice place to sit and relax, plus bathroom and shower are huge benefits.

I did look into this a bit, but it gets expensive quick. For a very basic trailer at $132 a night for 3 nights, plus delivery, and fees, it is $1100. I am likely going solo, so nobody to split the cost with. That said, just the nice place to sit and relax, plus bathroom and shower are huge benefits.
good news is they have bathrooms scattered around the main areas, theres usually a shower trailer as well

and then last year there were two bar areas both had tents to hang out in with chairs and tables

2. Not too bad, but like folks have said, getting out on Sunday might be a pain
3. Never tented KOH. The wind is hit or miss, plus rain as well. Even when it's not windy, it's dusty and you might get a case of Hammer-lung.
I sleep in my rig and use it to get around for the week (Sunday to Sunday). You won't need anything hard core to get around just 4WD
4. Most of the vendors should be set up by then. But as a side note, I've noticed that there's been a drop in the number of vendors over the years. There's more that are setting up on or near the entrance to Hammertown which is kind of cool.

Always on the lookout for other Irate folks but haven't really run into anyone during KOH.

2. I might stay into Monday mid day. I am only about 100 miles away, so once out on the highway I can be home in not too bad of a time
3. I am already assuming that Hammer-Lung is likely just from being there during the day. SHOT Show crud and I are also well acquainted.
Sleeping in the rig might be doable. Its not super roomy, and I am still sorting out storage inside it. If I can pull it off, I def would be fine with this.
I have a decently built Bronco, so I'm not too worried about being able to get around. I am sort of contemplating a pit bike just for getting around and to/from Hammertown itself. But realistically, I won't have room for it.
4. I heard Dave Cole on a podcast recently, and he said that the plan is going to be the vendors area and pits to be set up way different this time, separated quite a bit.

good news is they have bathrooms scattered around the main areas, theres usually a shower trailer as well

and then last year there were two bar areas both had tents to hang out in with chairs and tables
Yeah, I did see the portas and showers mentioned. I think with just those, I would be fine.

This sounds awesome. Partaking in midnight bar and bar b que has been fun for me in the past.

The shower trailer is pretty decent. $20 per shower but if you're a volunteer, media or working the event, you only have to pay $10

yeah ice is there. not really bad priced considering.

vendors I am interested how this year will be. last year there was no one walking around hammertown vender area like in years past. it was weird. I wonder if it will have an effect on who comes back.
I noticed that too this year as there wasn't too many people walking around Hammertown. From my understanding & from what I've heard, having a spot as a vendor is pretty expensive.

2025 Schedule released. Based on this, my plan is to go out Friday the 31st fairly early. Stay for Sat and Sun. Depending on traffic out, head home either Sunday evening or Monday morning.
1723325659453.png

Hoping to go again this year. Be there for most of the week and head out saturday late afternoon/sunday morning. Would like to either take a group of friends from home or meetup with a group there. Been going just me and a buddy last couple years and I think a few more peeps to hang out with would be cool.

Top Back Refresh