What's new

2023 King of the Hammers dates Feb 2 - Feb 11

How far did you make it? Need us to bring you anything?

Like greenfield, lol.

Im all good. Just pissed at the whole situation. Mostly myself.... and because I genuinely dont know why it poped off and what is keeping it on now.... ill just assume that I was careless and didnt realize it wasnt all the way down.

Random thought, is the audio from the live stream broadcast on any VHF frequencies? I'm pitting for the first time in a few years, and I remember in the past when either pitting or doing recovery, it's somewhat hard to tell what's going on and where the leaders are. Listening KOH ops (with the mic unplugged) is pretty good, but I feel if I could listen to the live stream it would be even better.
I’ve never heard of a way to do that but I’m not the most aware of the capabilities of a handheld radio.

So upon closer inspection the chains just pulled apart. Got a section wrapped arount the frame now so if it happens again mybe it will stay with me.
20230206_143908.jpg
20230206_143900.jpg
20230206_145007.jpg
20230206_084527.jpg

Wiring is totally fucked on the truck end and only sorta fucked on the trailer side. No motivation at all to fix it so ill drive till dark and maybe take a break then.

Really I just want to turn around and drive the 45 minutes home.... not even sure id regret it at this point....
But on I go.

Probably will be there between 1-2 tomorrow, so far this lil Ford Edge has not impressed me with its snow capabilities, maybe sand will be better :laughing:

See y'all for Power Hour 🍺

dam glad your able to continue on with the trailer. at work we loose a trailer every now and again and the chains break often. fucking wild. last one i heard about was the pull behind air compressor cam loose some how and broke the chains and ended up in the middle of freeway. wild..

one thing i do know is twisting chains makes the breaking strength of the chain real low. almost half.

dam glad your able to continue on with the trailer. at work we loose a trailer every now and again and the chains break often. fucking wild. last one i heard about was the pull behind air compressor cam loose some how and broke the chains and ended up in the middle of freeway. wild..

one thing i do know is twisting chains makes the breaking strength of the chain real low. almost half.
IBB style tangent. We don’t use chains for impact style recovery. Why do we still use chains for trailer safeties, or better question, is there something better? I know a lot of modern wake boat trailers use vinyl coated steel cable, I assumed it was just because it was cleaner.

IBB style tangent. We don’t use chains for impact style recovery. Why do we still use chains for trailer safeties, or better question, is there something better? I know a lot of modern wake boat trailers use vinyl coated steel cable, I assumed it was just because it was cleaner.
this is a good question. bigger chains maybe. i dont know

Got here around 3:30 yesterday and found our friends. It seems like they expanded the fence line for hammer town / garages this year. Made it a little tricky getting into camp but we made it. Internet is so so with Verizon. Was able to stream movies in the camper last night so that’s a plus lol. Will post pics of rigs today when I go out.

How is that working?

We’re at the airport now headed to Vegas, grab the RV & groceries and hope to be there by 3-4.
Thought you were already here. No wonder I didn't find you. Everyone up there probably thought I was slow rolling their camps looking for shit to steal.

20230207_112316.jpg
Parked the rental by a couple sweet WOD buggies. Watching the jumbotron now, we run in the 2:00 hour time slot.

Qualifying was going good until our radiator drained between staging and the start line. We left the start at 240 degrees, made it passed the first obstacle at 248 degrees, and it shut off almost to the top of the first hill at 260 degrees. My parker pumper hose kinked the little rubber tube to the radiator expansion tank causing about 2 gallons of coolant to drain ? Not real sure how it happened. DNF, got towed back to camp, topped the system off and bled, did more pre running and its back to normal, 190-198 degrees. Good lesson, glad we corrected the issue before the main race.

Screenshot_20230207-210110_Messages.jpg

Are you by chance bringing your spare antenna? Or could you leave it out somewhere for me to grab at your place?
Sooo... I just saw this. Sorry dude, I need to get you my garage code for the next time something like this comes up.
Really I just want to turn around and drive the 45 minutes home.... not even sure id regret it at this point....
But on I go.
And holy chit! Glad you can keep going. Life is better once you get to the lakebed and crack a cold one.

Just got back home from my abbreviated koh trip this year.

I was on a parts run in my buddy's dually Saturday. Which one of you did I pass? I would have flagged you down, but I had a time limit to bring parts back.
PXL_20230204_213034850.jpg

Top Back Refresh