What's new

2022 Ultra4 race schedule

SurfnSnow

Member Number
Loc
Oakland, CA
hey all
here's the schedule for 2022 Ultra4 races. It'll be interesting to see where in SoCal they'll have their race. From what I have heard, Dave Cole purchased all the grand stands from Wild West Motorpark and some land somewhere in Ca.
2022-sched.jpeg

I am curious about the TBD race in southern California as well.

I am bummed that the Area BFE race was replaced with another short course venue :frown: I much prefer races on natural terrain, and the short course races seem dumb to me since it is completely different than KOH which is what the cars are built for. I know they pile up boulder field in the middle of the course, but that seems pretty lame to me. I don't usually even bother to look at the results for the short course races, much less watch them.

I am excited to hear that the El Rey de Las Bajas race will be a point-to-point race this year. Doing multiple laps on the exact same course is a bit repetitive, so I think the point-to-point format should make for a more interesting race.

I am curious about the TBD race in southern California as well.

I am bummed that the Area BFE race was replaced with another short course venue :frown: I much prefer races on natural terrain, and the short course races seem dumb to me since it is completely different than KOH which is what the cars are built for. I know they pile up boulder field in the middle of the course, but that seems pretty lame to me. I don't usually even bother to look at the results for the short course races, much less watch them.

I am excited to hear that the El Rey de Las Bajas race will be a point-to-point race this year. Doing multiple laps on the exact same course is a bit repetitive, so I think the point-to-point format should make for a more interesting race.

The Area BFE course was awesome this year, really bummed it's not on the schedule.
I agree, short course is a tough sell especially for us 4600 drivers. I'm hoping this "TBD" place will have natural terrain rock canyons and whatnot

I'd imagine some will already know, but just in case, the race that was scheduled for Jay, Oklahoma in mid July has now been moved to the Badlands Offroad Park in Attica, Indiana on the same weekend.

Austin so all the info is in one place, want to lock this thread/make it go away or merge it into the linked thread?

Top Back Refresh