What's new

2022 KOH spectator tickets now available

SurfnSnow

Member Number
Loc
Oakland, CA
yep that's right, if you're planning to go to the upcoming, 2022 King of the hammers, then you can head over to their website and get tickets now at
USAC Racing
General admission is $40 and camping permit is $25 I know there's some rules about the camping permit but I can't remember what they were (for example if you had a motor home, then you'd pay the $25 but if you showed up in your rig, then there's no need to pay. But I could be wrong)

Thanks for posting that up!

SurfnSnow any idea where I can find more information on the camping? Seems like that is a new thing as I don't remember there being camping permits in the past, but I never camped out there before so maybe I just missed it :homer:

Last edited:

SurfnSnow any idea where I can find more information on the camping? Seems like that is a new thing as I don't remember there being camping permits in the past, but I never camped out there before so maybe I just missed it :homer:
3 years ago, I know it was basically a “camping fee”. Any camper/RV and enclosed trailers coming thru the gate had to pay the fee and get a small sticker. Didn’t matter if actually sleeping in or not. Not sure if RV towing enclosed got double charged. Also not sure if any changes since then.

3 years ago, we had a rental camper trailer
2 years ago, did a single night in the truck
This year, didn’t attend

3 years ago, I know it was basically a “camping fee”. Any camper/RV and enclosed trailers coming thru the gate had to pay the fee and get a small sticker. Didn’t matter if actually sleeping in or not. Not sure if RV towing enclosed got double charged. Also not sure if any changes since then.

3 years ago, we had a rental camper trailer
2 years ago, did a single night in the truck
This year, didn’t attend
@ 84 Bronco, RPS is correct from what I remember. Any camper or RV had to pay that and get a sticker whereas I was sleeping in my rig the entire week and didn't have to pay that fee at all. Though this year I'm really thinking about getting/splitting the cost of a rental camper.

I am going for my first time. As a spectator I should not buy a hot pit pass right?

I am going for my first time. As a spectator I should not buy a hot pit pass right?
To be honest, not too sure. IIRC, the hot pit pass was for team members who were supporting their drivers at the remote pits. So if you're part of a team, then I'd say yes but if not then get the regular pass. Ultra4 is pretty good about answering questions via email, so you can try that as well.

Yeah there’s no reason for you to be in the hot pits if you’re not associated with a team. You’ll still be able to walk around the garages and check out all the racers in Hammertown with your regular entry band I believe. (But I’ve never gotten just a regular entry band so maybe someone else can verify?)

Correct. Unless something changes, ht wristband let's you walk the tent pit area but Not the hot pits ( refueling )

As a past Course Marshall and volenteer rig wrangler, I allowed people without hot pit passes to stand at the hot pit gate and watch pitting. not actually past the opening, and standing quietly in the back, and not smoking... sorry. Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas reference

Volenteer to be a worker, you might get posted to a really cool vantage point..

;)

If I do volunteer do I have to work all of the races? How many hours a day? I plan to bring my SxS and do some trails myself. Do not want to work the whole time.

In years past they’ve allowed people to pick and choose, I know my buddies that pit for us have volunteered for different events but not all of them.

Does anyone know if there are going to be any COVID protocols? Trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row for that

The only mask requirements that may happen is for people directly working for Ultra4 and media. Media people will be getting a separate email about required procedures but I don't know what that is all about (but if anything relevant pops up, I'll post it up here). As a media dude, we did have to show proof of vaccination last year but I don't know if they are going to require it for this year

Top Back Refresh