2021 Trail Hero pics

Mr Stubs

Taste my rainbow, bitches
Member Number
Loc
Land of liquid sunshine
0BD86FFD-B91B-4322-A662-70494941B3DC.jpeg
Letā€™s post em up guys!

We like to show up a week early but here is the photo dump spot for everything HerošŸ˜Ž

Sweet. Some friends of mine from Long Island will be there in a few days. Inquiring minds want to know if the red buggy was able to drive through that crack.

so what happened to the red buggy?

did he/she get out on his/her own power or did he/she need to be winched out?

couldnt tell if his/her front tires were touching rock

Sandhollow. Trail hero is in two weeks. It is an awesome event.

If you are talking about Sand Hollow, it is a Utah state parks recreation area.

The lake, beach, paved trailer parking and all north of the tunnel/highway are the state park.

The dunes and rocks south of the tunnel/highway are BLM. There are a handful of other access points to the BLM areas as well.

From my understanding, State Parks staff and BLM share responsibility over both sections in terms of management and patrolling.

He definitely didnā€™t come out under his own power.

Two trails come close to intersecting but donā€™t. He must have thought that was the way to go instead of staying left. I bet he isnā€™t the first rig to do this. It was at the top of Chain Reaction.

The lake, beach, paved trailer parking and all north of the tunnel/highway are the state park.

The dunes and rocks south of the tunnel/highway are BLM. There are a handful of other access points to the BLM areas as well.

From my understanding, State Parks staff and BLM share responsibility over both sections in terms of management and patrolling.
I will defer since you appear to live in the area. I thought all of Sand Mountain was State Parks. I am pretty sure some of the area west of the underpass is privately owned, since it appears it is being developed.

I will defer since you appear to live in the area. I thought all of Sand Mountain was State Parks. I am pretty sure some of the area west of the underpass is privately owned, since it appears it is being developed.
A little digging and this BLM sourced map shows some State Land [Green] (separate from State Parks [Blue]) intertwined with BLM [Yellow]. And pockets of private land in most directions.

896304D3-7E94-423B-B3A2-835D6F27BAEA.png
BA074CA8-4E14-41B7-B089-0B92FFB8E503.png

Only been here a few months, so not yet to ā€œlocalā€ status yet. :homer:

Top Back Refresh