What's new

2015 F250 Parking Brake

woods

I probably did it wrong.
Member Number
Just did the rear pads and rotors on my '15 F250. Everything is buttoned up. But there's a LOT of slack in the parking brake cable now. Going to crawl back under there today to make sure the star adjusters are right. But the pedal for the parking brake goes half way down before it catches. There's got to be 8" of slack in the cable. Does this make any sense? The brakes work great. Its just the cable slack.

Thanks.

Still got the old rotor in the scrap bin? Measure the ID of the drum portion and compare to new rotor. It doesn't take much change to result in 8" of travel at the pedal.

Alternatively, you may have pulled one of the shoes off its mounts depending on how violent you had to be to get the rotor off.

Still got the old rotor in the scrap bin? Measure the ID of the drum portion and compare to new rotor. It doesn't take much change to result in 8" of travel at the pedal.

Alternatively, you may have pulled one of the shoes off its mounts depending on how violent you had to be to get the rotor off.
I took it all apart about a week ago. I don't think that star adjuster was correct. Put it back together, and the pedal grabs at about half. I don't know what it grabbed at before, but it works just fine now. There's a little bit of slack in line, but nothing to be concerned about. Looks good to go.

Top Back Refresh