What's new

2012-2018 Dodge 2500 Brakes

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
Do they fit behind 16" or do they need a 17" wheel?

tire shopping lead to disgruntled wheel shopping, leads to optimistic brake shopping. Thinking about cutting the rotors off my hubs and turning them down to accept something else, basically the same thing i did to my 5 lug van to run the larger 13" rotors from the 2014 1500 dodge pickup

just picking a year of 2015, uses a 14.17" rotor (stock 78 F250 is 12.6") and dual 2.35" diameter piston caliper (stock is single 2.9" piston) and then going hydroboost instead of vacuum for either one. might have to step up from the 1" stock bore master cylinder, but that's more up in the air.

other option is to just toss hydrobooster into the stock truck and smash the current brakes until they wear out, though it may well be never

anybody have any complaints about how the newer trucks stop?

obviously i won't have a 6 speed or deep gearing or the same build quality. just kind of thinking about it.

I have a 2015 2500. It had steel 18's stock. I put on aluminum 17's, they fit but they're close. I don't think even steel 16's would fit. As for stopping power, it seems good to me, but then again I went from a '97 Dodge 2500 to this one so I may not be the best judge.

Pete

I have a 2015 2500. It had steel 18's stock. I put on aluminum 17's, they fit but they're close. I don't think even steel 16's would fit. As for stopping power, it seems good to me, but then again I went from a '97 Dodge 2500 to this one so I may not be the best judge.

Pete
good to know, thanks :beer: i'll be coming from a 78 f250, so similar to worse stock brakes than a 97 dodge.

i'll plan on a 17" wheel then if it comes to this

No 16's will fit. Most 17's will, but you could potentially run into some that won't.....depending on rear lip design and backspacing.

For what it's worth, I have Procomp 1069s in 17 x 9. I got nervous about the fitment and test fit them before having them clear coated. I did have to pull the little clips off that hold the rotors tight on the rear (they interfered with the back surface of the wheel).

I would definitely do the Hydroboost, I'm a big fan.

Pete

Top Back Refresh