What's new

2011 Pistols, Anybody Built One?

Jakey_Recline

Gay for Toyotas
Member Number
Loc
Memphis
I need a parts list and parts recommendations on a STI 2011 knock off. I have a Cheely SDC frame with a Nowlin Ramp Cut and a Staccato grip.
This is my first 1911 build so where to I go from here?

I’d recommend the kuhnhausen vol2 book and kuleck’s assembly guide for understanding the mechanisms. I don’t know the specifics on sti guns. Fusion firearms has a good YouTube channel that covers some sti stuff.

💰💰💰💰💰

2011 are purely based on preference and what caliber you want

I have built a bunch. SVI stuff is my favorite. but Sandy has been a friend of mine for many years. so I do have a bias. I swear it cost me a small fortune every time I took a frame off a prize table.

I’d recommend the kuhnhausen vol2 book and kuleck’s assembly guide for understanding the mechanisms. I don’t know the specifics on sti guns. Fusion firearms has a good YouTube channel that covers some sti stuff.
I've been watching Tactical Toolbox.
💰💰💰💰💰

2011 are purely based on preference and what caliber you want
9mm
I have built a bunch. SVI stuff is my favorite. but Sandy has been a friend of mine for many years. so I do have a bias. I swear it cost me a small fortune every time I took a frame off a prize table.
Do they have a parts kit like a 1911 or do I need to use my exploded drawing and order it all separately?

they just sell all the parts separate, but it will cost you a fortune to build one. hell I think their cheap guns are 4500 or so now a days. I was talking with Sandy the other day and he had told me how crazy metal prices are. think super/hyper inflation on steroids.

they just sell all the parts separate, but it will cost you a fortune to build one. hell I think their cheap guns are 4500 or so now a days. I was talking with Sandy the other day and he had told me how crazy metal prices are. think super/hyper inflation on steroids.
I'm already into it for ~$900 and I don't have a barrel and the guts.

are mags still like $120 apiece?
I wanted to put one together until I realized I'd be out a couple thousand in mags alone

6838075F-1D89-434D-BE99-AF7E155F9F9B.jpeg

I recently bought a CZ Tactical Sport Orange. I’m already changing to Lok grips but other than that it’s pretty sweet. I was between this and a Staccato but the whole STI thing made me decide on CZ.
737C2B11-2D25-437D-826F-47D9B970B064.jpeg

Top Back Refresh