What's new

AZ 2011 BMW X5 DIESEL AWD

Projectjunkie

Whatever
Member Number
Loc
Tucson Az
I got a company truck and now this just sits most of the time.

151k miles. 3rd row seat. All leather. Everything works.
These are 425lb ft torque, twin turbo inline 6 cylinder. They can be tuned 700lbft daily drivers and touch 40mpg. This one is all stock, all the ABC parts intact. Runs great. Has an emissions code that comes and goes. Leaves 2 drops of engine oil in the driveway a week. I've never added oil. I get probably 22mpg mixed. This weighs as much as a Tahoe and has a 6k tow rating.

The headlights are foggy and need buffed or replaced, the paint has some scuffs and scratches, priced accordingly

Only picture I have at the moment

8k obo

Attachments

• 20220802_182059.jpg
    20220802_182059.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 111
Reactions: DMG
Trade for a J truck project, ProjectJunkie? :flipoff2:

how reliable are these engines? inline 6 is the bmw flagship, but no clue about the turbos vanos etc. Heard good things about the 3 series diesels. Solid 300k engine?

how reliable are these engines? inline 6 is the bmw flagship, but no clue about the turbos vanos etc. Heard good things about the 3 series diesels. Solid 300k engine?

Give me some inside pics, please.

Still really tempted by this.

Give me some inside pics, please.

Still really tempted by this.
You need to buy a smashed up 335d and figure out how to get the that m57 to run in a c10 or one of your other truck projects. The Brit’s do it and transplant them into 4x4 defenders. I talked to them and they will not work on us vehicles as there is too much liability for them.

You need to buy a smashed up 335d and figure out how to get the that m57 to run in a c10 or one of your other truck projects. The Brit’s do it and transplant them into 4x4 defenders. I talked to them and they will not work on us vehicles as there is too much liability for them.
I'd keep this car whole, but I did have that though for the WC53, after reading that article.

Plenty of other Europeans that don't give a shit.
Polish, Spanish, French and Portuguese are all swapping these around.

for those contemplating - there's 2 for sale near me at ~200k miles, auto, roughly the same asking price. Every now and then I look at them then remember I'm cheap again and the Yukon serves family duty already

Top Back Refresh