What's new

2009 Corolla tech in Chit-Chat....low compression

How many fucktarded opinions can be posted in this thread?:lmao:
Cylinders 3&4 are very low on compression. Replace the damn head gasket. It only takes a few hours.

Do you work on shit at all?

A head gasket failure might cause low compression 5% of the time. It’s usually a valve train problem.

DNTSDAD,
I read the issue that you had with low compression. I have a 2009 Corolla and am experiencing identically the same problems and symptoms and same compression readings in 3&4. I was wondering what you ended up doing and how you ended up fixing it?

2009 Corolla, 4 cyl, 140k miles

Starts and idles fine. Put it in reverse or gear and idle struggles down. Doesn't die. Can drive it without issues, until you stop at a light and then it feels like it may die, but it doesn't.

no smoke, water, or condensation from the tailpipe.

New plugs and swapped the coil packs around without change in performance.

Went and rented a compression gauge kit from napa.

1=150
2=125
3=75
4=90

Head Gasket fuckered??
2009 Corolla, 4 cyl, 140k miles

Starts and idles fine. Put it in reverse or gear and idle struggles down. Doesn't die. Can drive it without issues, until you stop at a light and then it feels like it may die, but it doesn't.

no smoke, water, or condensation from the tailpipe.

New plugs and swapped the coil packs around without change in performance.

Went and rented a compression gauge kit from napa.

1=150
2=125
3=75
4=90

Head Gasket fuckered??
DNTSDAD,
I read the issue that you had with low compression. I have a 2009 Corolla and am experiencing identically the same problems and symptoms and same compression readings in 3&4. I was wondering what you ended up doing and how you ended up fixing it?

DNTSDAD,
I see that you are new here. It is customary in this part of the internet that before you ask such a question that you first must post pictures of your wife/girlfriends tits. We thank you for your cooperation with this policy and look forward to helping you with your problem after proper payment has been made.

Welcome to irate! Hope you are ready.

I see that you are new here. It is customary in this part of the internet that before you ask such a question that you first must post pictures of your wife/girlfriends tits. We thank you for your cooperation with this policy and look forward to helping you with your problem after proper payment has been made.

Welcome to irate! Hope you are ready.
:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh