What's new

2008 F350 V10 no start

90supra

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Los Alamos, NM
Looking for advice on things to troubleshoot. Truck is currently on the side of highway 17 in CO.

While driving, truck died and and would not restart. Showed codes P0201 through P0210. While trouble shooting found the fuel pump fuse had blown. Replaced and tried to start and the fuse blew again. Data from the OBD port showed 1-1.5 psi fuel pressure. Started tracing wiring thinking it had a short and didn't find anything obvious. Disconnected the fuel pump harness from the main wiring and tried cycled the key to see what would happen. Blew the fuse again. I assume I have a short somewhere but is there anything else that could be causing problems?

Other note, less than 5 minutes before this happened I was driving threw a heavy hail storm. I messed with diagnosing/troubleshooting for about 3 hours before giving up and driving the crawler back to Alamosa for a hotel. Kids were done being in the side of the road.

On the F150's of that time frame the Fuel Pump Driver Module was mounted above the spare tire behind the fuel tank. It was an aluminum piece mounted to the steel frame and dissimilar metals caused corrosion mixed with moisture would fry the module and cause a no start or kill the fuel pressure. The same part number is listed for the F150 with 5.4 and F350 V10. It's worth checking

Advance Auto Parts - Ford FPDM

Last edited:
^^ That's the first thing to check,
If it has a FPDM then it won't have a return fuel line to the tank and you should be able to read fuel pressure with a scanner because on type those systems the PCM has to know fuel pressure

Definitely check that out. If you wanted to roll the dice buy one, head back out and check it. If that's what it is R&R, if not, return it unopened when you're back.

That truck does have a returnless system with an FPDM. The FPDM is bolted to a crossmember above the spare tire where it gets blasted with all kinds of shit and eventually rot out and fill with water, especially if the truck has ever seen salt. P201-210 are all fuel injector circuit codes, which are fed 12v power off the fuel pump relay. Check that the engine harness isn't rubbing through anywhere, and that nothing is rubbing through it.

Ended up towing the truck home yesterday. There is another thread here asking if anyone was in Alamosa. I will be updating both. FPDM seems like a good place to start due to the hail storm I drove through beforehand. I will be updating both threads as things go.
Resized_20210604_161915.jpeg

Update time. Finally got the right fuel pump in and still have a no start. OBD2 read out shows 0 psi at fuel rail. I have not hooked up a manual gage. Disconnecting at the fuel filter I end up with just a dribble of gas coming out. I have tried both the old and new fuel pump driver modules. Fuses are not blowing anymore and I swapped the fuel pump relay with another relay to check that.

Checking voltage at the fuel pump connection and on the volt meter it seems to pulse 12 volt to 0.

Top Back Refresh