What's new

2007 chevy 6.0L oil pressure fluctuation on gauge

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Nope havent put a mechanical gauge on it yet, thats the next step, just trying to figure out what could cause this before I take that step as its a MF to get at.

Ive seen videos where a guy will say his engine oil pressure has a fluctuation, but those cases are usually just a variation with RPM, IM speaking of a fluctuation with no RPM change or increase, where the indicator moves up and down.

I have the adapter to fit the hole the sender / sensor screws into to fit a AN hose.

I wouldn't trust the gauge/stepper motor for anything more then an approximation. It has pressure and that is good enough.

Well the gauge swap is easiest for now, dont want to drop pan without a good reason.

If I drop the pan will be swapping oil pump and assorted crap.

My pos 03 pickup all of the gauges other that speedo and fuel level have failed. Water temp oil pressure voltage ect just do what they want. I just ignore it.

Had an 07 Burban with 5.3. Had a oil pressure sensor go bad on it. It was on the top of the engine behind the firewall. Real fun to get at to change. Takes a special socket.

Reactions: PAE
Maybe there is a kit to swap out the important gauges to mechanical SW gauges the only drawback to the older style gauges is the lighting of them for night driving.

That would be nice if its the mechanical gauges, not stepper motors.

And not some chinese crap.

You have an idea who makes such a kit ?

Ive done it on the square body but not on the gmt800.

You can buy a kit for $1k+ or you can but gauges and a piece of plastic

Top Back Refresh