What's new

2004 Silverado EBrake Chime

4RunnerGuy

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Galveston, TX
I finally got around to replacing and adjusting the ebrake shoes. The switch was also replaced because the metal was cracked.

The ebrake light comes on when engaged, but there is no chime. I tried to google this issue with no hits. It seems people have a problem with the chime not turning off.

The light is enough to let me know the parking brake is set. I can’t say the same for my wife when she drives the truck. :eek::laughing:

What should I be looking for to make this work again?

Parking brake wire runs to the BCM which converts it to a data signal read by the cluster. If your light turns on everything is working the way it should. I don't think pickup trucks have a chime? Chimes, turn signal clicks and whatnot come from the radio.

You could always wire in a nice back up beeper or car alarm to go off whenever its in drive with the parking brake on :evil:

the trucks do have chimes and 03+ go through the drivers speaker so make sure that works 1st
push it 1 click just to turn the light on and drive it 20ft, I dont think they start chiming until you start driving

push it 1 click just to turn the light on and drive it 20ft, I dont think they start chiming until you start driving
This is how it works. My shoes have been worn out for so long, I forgot I needed to be in gear AND driving for it to ding.

Thanks!

Top Back Refresh