What's new

2003 oil cooler lines replacement.

BIG-O

Member Number
6.0 gas. One of the hose crimps is leaking. Local shop quoted $586. To do it. Claimed he had to drop the differential 2.5 hr. Seems about double of what is should be. Got a trip planned for this weekend.

Not sure if the setup is the same, but I swapped all my oil lines in my 2002 8.1L suburban in an evening and without removing anything substantial. messy, cramped work, but for all three lines it was less than $150 in parts...

6.0 gas. One of the hose crimps is leaking. Local shop quoted $586. To do it. Claimed he had to drop the differential 2.5 hr. Seems about double of what is should be. Got a trip planned for this weekend.

Where is it leaking? Accessible with hand tools? Had a 2010 2500 that had a crimp start leaking. I cut the crimp off, flared the line, and put a new piece of hose on it. Worked like a champ without having to change everything out.

Its leaking at the crimp. I have changed them before. Sucky job. Just don't have the time right now, and yes it would be so much easier with a solid axle. Lol! Called another shop. $389. Going there.

I have the exact same truck, yes you do have to drop the drivers side of the diff.

Not that bad once you know that. Or Some have said to remove the motor mount.

just cut the ferrule off, it's usually just a normal hose barb sorta deal under there, if it ain't, make a little lump in the line with the bits from your double-flaring kit like aggie up there suggested

get you some parker push lock hose of similar size (I wanna say half inch?) and put it on there with a couple hose clamps each side
same deal with the tranny cooler hoses that always leak

or you know, spend a bunch of time trying to snake in expensive new hard lines that don't need to be replaced just so you can get a couple little bits of rubber hose that are going to leak again in a couple years because GM uses shitty fucking hose

Crimps are always the failure.

I've either deleted the cooler lines or used AN lines on my junk.

Top Back Refresh