Yarz

Lurker
Member Number
Loc
Pittsburgh
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

I want to put this here for all of my imaginary internet friends before dealing with the local Craigslist/Marketplace.

2003 Silverado 1500

The Good:
  • Single cab
  • 8' bed
  • 5.3L
  • 4wd
Runs fine. If it weren't for the rust, I wouldn't have replaced it.

The Bad:
  • 233428 mi
  • ABS light came on recently
  • VERY RUSTY - Essentially it is a higher mileage LS engine in its rusty factory shipping container.The previous owner patched the rust and bedlined the sides. I bought it in 2018 when he was tired of patching it, and kept patching it to keep it inspectable, until this year when I decided I was done (so it is currently not inspected) and bought a replacement.
    • Rust patching has been done on rockers, cab corners, bedsides, fender wells, frame crossmembers, rear axle (pinholes near the passenger u-bolts), tailgate hinge points, etc.
    • The bed is very rough. The sides need to be patched again, the floor has a soft spot, (hence the wood I laid in there), and sides of the bed are partially held in place with the ratchet strap across the back.

Realistically I think it would be a good drivetrain or parts donor, and I'd love to keep it to use for that, but don't have the time or money to put into a project right now.

I'd be happy to get $600 from irate members. In a few days, I will also list it on the local Craigslist and/or Marketplace for a higher price.

Located just west of Tarentum, PA 15084

DSCF0568.JPG

DSCF0570.JPG

DSCF0569.JPG

DSCF0571.JPG

DSCF0572.JPG

DSCF0573.JPG

DSCF0575.JPG

DSCF0577.JPG

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh