CA 2002 GMC Topkick c8500 4x4 crawler hauler

Status
Not open for further replies.

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
Theres no way I can drive this thing around empty, its like riding on bricks. Its also too high to tow my gooseneck.

GVWR 37,600 23000 rear axle with a locker, 14600 front axle, two speed transfer case, cat 3126 with 88,xxx miles and allison automatic

3000 Falken tires (still have nipples)
1000 paint (epoxy primer)
1500 in parts

selling for 12k. clean CA title in my name. Currently non op, but if buyer gives me a refundable deposit, i will get tags for it (or refund if dmv wont let me).

truck weighs 15,250, so you have 22k carry capacity to play with.

photo22747.jpg

photo24020.jpg

photo24021.jpg

photo24022.jpg

photo24023.jpg

How long is the bed? Not going back to look at the build thread:flipoff2:

How does the whole ca emissions diesel bs come into play on this truck?

they wanted 700 something for the tags, it weighs 15k so the weight fee was a killer. I skipped because high chance it will go out of state. but dmv didnt mention any emission or registration flags.

We put a freightliner htd air ride on my buddies. Pretty easy swap and made it ride like a caddy.

I have a susp setup for my c60 when i get around to it.

def thought about it, but leafs are reliable. Airbag failing in BFE or the boonies is going to suck. nice bags are about 200/each so thats maintenance $$

Also a huge factor was that (i read) leafs are more stable in turns, more predictable. This truck does have front and rear swaybars :smokin:

If no one buys it I will get a new weight cert to register it with and just drive this bitch to the ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh