What's new

2000 Yukon XL Repair & general stupid questions.

Thefishguy77

Part time dumbass
Member Number
Loc
U.S.S.A. (Washington St.)
Ok so the wifes yukon PS pump shit the bed. Looking around virtually nobody has Delco units for sale so I called a friends shop and his vendor has the for like $480:eek::barf:

Are any of the non delco brands decent?

Rig is a 2000 Yukon XL 1500 4wd 5.3/4l60

please and thank you for the replies.
C76F1E24-62DB-43E3-B1CA-45E044BCB2FE.jpeg

Well got that handled. Broke the fucking spring clamp on the PS line and had to mickey mouse cut the fucking clamp off without killing the hose, and my die grinder is missing:lmao:. Got enough stuff out of the way and found an old worn down cutting wheel for the grinder. Somehow didn’t set anything on fire and the rest went easy. No mine is making noise:lmao: At least I am practiced at this point. :lmao::lmao:

Ok so besides keeping the fucking mice out the rig has been running good. Think the water pump is next, random low coolant warning but when ever checked its fine. Still blows hot air so fuck it, thats going to wait. Put some new shoes on it 265/75/16 and they rub at full lock. That needs to be fixed. Last time I had a chance to throw it on a lift the torsion keys are close to maxed and the air ride is not installed. So easy solution appears new adjustable keys. I notice some come with shock extensions and some dont. In a perfect world it would be the same height as a stock Z71 pickup of the same vintage. Also plan on bagging it so when towing the boat I dont blind people.

So what am I looking for for Torsion keys and will I need the shock extension?
Fuck it just drill out some hockey pucks and body lift that bitch?:lmao:
Your idea is stupid and unless you SAS it with 3/4 ton shit leave it alone?
Like to keep it under $200 assuming I am doing the labor.

Top Back Refresh