What's new

2000 Grand Vitara front hub interchange

Bowe

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I was doing some work on my Suzuki today and needed to press the wheel bearing out. I pulled a real dumbass move and snapped one of the ears the wheel studs are mounted to, as well as bending the abs tone ring.

I figured it wasn't a big deal and I'd be able to find one easily, seems I'm wrong and the 2000 hub is an oddball thats practically unobtanium.

I bought one off ebay that will hopefully work but does anyone know if the tracker with the 4cyl is the same hub or some other variation? I'm not opposed to swapping knuckles if it means I can run the more common hubs, assuming a bunch of other parts dont need replaced to do this.
B0B9B584-CC45-4115-8C28-FCF9092788B7.jpeg

Last edited:
I have some 99 hubs, are you sure they're different on the 00?
After further research 99 and 2000 are different from the other years. I ordered a used hub from a 00 and someone had swapped the newer hub onto it already. It looks like Suzuki figured out how to make a cheaper / non serviceable part but never revised fitment for the 99/00.

After assembling the 00 and 01+ hub on the spindle the spacing looks identical. I ordered two new hubs 01+ and assuming the abs still functions I should be in good shape.

This probably won't help anyone in the future but I'll bring it to a close just in case. 2001+ hubs work with no modifications and no issues on a 2000 Gv.

Top Back Refresh