What's new

20 Ribeyes for $40 - what’s the scam?

I'd be totes fine with that, in fact the mustang population in the west is so damn high they need to start issuing tags for them IMHO.
People hate the idea of slaughtering horses for meat. Theyd rather let them over breed and starve, and destroy cattle grazing land for some reason.

People hate the idea of slaughtering horses for meat. Theyd rather let them over breed and starve, and destroy cattle grazing land for some reason.
Grew up with Hungarian folks across the road. The whole street was enjoying the goulash at the potluck, then the old lady let slip she had been having a real hard time sourcing horse meat - this was early 80's white south africa. Half the folks went pale white, half of us went back for more, mmm tasty stuff

People listen to the radio?
you damn youngsters smoking the devils lettuce and running across my lawn, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :flipoff::flipoff:

:flipoff2:

hence the :lmao: in the original post

If I was old enough to be a boomer, I would have been listening to NPR or the local oldies station. This was on the rock station, well "rock"..........
Wife qualifies as a boomer, very late boomer but she listens to the local pirate radio / very oldies station, even has her own promo spot.

The finest grade of horse meat available.
My grandpa had a custom cut meat shop when i was a kid. He'd cut up pretty much anything you brought him and we always ate good steaks there. He'd eaten horse a bunch and liked it, I'm pretty sure i had some horse growing up. I definitely ate a lot of deer, elk and bear right after hunting season.....:laughing:
It would take a while to eat 300 ribeyes. :flipoff2:
Probably less than 6 months over here. :usa:

Dollar Tree sells the same ones.

Little thin shitty 'ribeyes'

My dad eats them, he thinks they are fine.

I've tried them, decent in like a stir fry type of meal but a steak they are not.

You can get 20 of them for $20 at dollar tree and they are the same so that would be the better deal

all you have to do is bring up price per pound and watch them crawfish. i regularly get ribeyes for 6 bucks a pound at Albertsons.

I hear the same ads, I figured it was just shitty meat. Commercial makes it sound awesome…until you wonder what kind of meat company parks in deserted shopping mall parking lots.

Bought some. 2 bucks a steak can't be that bad right. Haven't grilled any. Moar of a rainy day thing since they're all sealed. At least I was able to have wife say no to the 300 buck 'deal' fer like 150 they had going on.

Attachments

• IMG_20230427_182723808.jpg
    IMG_20230427_182723808.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20230427_182658858.jpg
    IMG_20230427_182658858.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
My brothers neighbor died and his family asked my brother if he wanted any of the food from his freezer. He had a bunch of those steaks in there. The dates were still good on them and they were free so he got a good deal. I cooked a couple on my grill for him but I didnt eat them.

I've tried them, decent in like a stir fry type of meal but a steak they are not.

You can get 20 of them for $20 at dollar tree and they are the same so that would be the better deal

I didnt know the dollar tree sold food

Befer I got those I was wondering what the catch was to. Gotta buy a box of meat to get the deal, stupid small, sign up fer monthly delivery. The steaks are about 4" diameter and about 3/8" thick.

0q1ihmffjpxy.jpg

steak03.jpg

I could see if you were dirt poor and it was this or nothing. I'm sure it'd be a treat if you hadn't had any kind of real red meat in months.

Butt fuck no. :barf:

I guess I know more as my business is in the same plaza as one.

They have a big frozen section in the back.

Also the Jamaican Beef Pies they sell are kinda legit.

img_2841.jpg

Last time I was in the dollar tree, it was still the $0.99 store. And nothing in there was $0.99! Havnt been back since lol

See the iBuds thread on how to get scammed.

And driving home yesterday there is an ad on the radio :lmao:

20 Ribeyes for $40. See the truck in the TSC parking lot. :lmao::lmao:

Wife turns to me and says what is the scam?

I suspect
  • 20 minuscule ribeyes in some giant box probably at higher $$ per pound than you would pay at the store for similar or worse quality
  • some up sell to buy a bigger package
  • up sell to a meat subscription
Or
  • are they going to make me sit through a timeshare presentation first before I can buy actual decent value ribeyes
  • am I buying a box with a couple bricks in it from the men in the white truck?
  • do they also sell some sweet speakers too?
  • elaborate scam to get my credit card details to resell on the dark web?

Where is the scam?

Full disclosure - we buy our meat direct from a local rancher. Used to get a half but he now slaughters so often we just keep a running list of cuts with him, and he delivers to the clinic when he comes in. But wife also makes biltong and so is also always looking for good value on those cuts she needs. Biltong (for the clueless heathens) is a better tastier and healthier version of jerky.
Do they also sell earbuds?

0q1ihmffjpxy.jpg

steak03.jpg

I could see if you were dirt poor and it was this or nothing. I'm sure it'd be a treat if you hadn't had any kind of real red meat in months.

Butt fuck no. :barf:

Might work for Korean BBQ. I'll bet my dog would like them.

See the iBuds thread on how to get scammed.

And driving home yesterday there is an ad on the radio :lmao:

20 Ribeyes for $40. See the truck in the TSC parking lot. :lmao::lmao:

Wife turns to me and says what is the scam?

I suspect
  • 20 minuscule ribeyes in some giant box probably at higher $$ per pound than you would pay at the store for similar or worse quality
  • some up sell to buy a bigger package
  • up sell to a meat subscription
Or
  • are they going to make me sit through a timeshare presentation first before I can buy actual decent value ribeyes
  • am I buying a box with a couple bricks in it from the men in the white truck?
  • do they also sell some sweet speakers too?
  • elaborate scam to get my credit card details to resell on the dark web?

Where is the scam?

Full disclosure - we buy our meat direct from a local rancher. Used to get a half but he now slaughters so often we just keep a running list of cuts with him, and he delivers to the clinic when he comes in. But wife also makes biltong and so is also always looking for good value on those cuts she needs. Biltong (for the clueless heathens) is a better tastier and healthier version of jerky.
never had bitlong, just looked into it. Now i want some. :laughing:

It’s just jerky, maybe a little softer. I smuggled some back from SA for everyone to try.
Heathen. :flipoff2::smokin:

You got lucky the damn beagle did not sniff you out at customs :lmao:

If you think you like Biltong then the next and even tastier step is “droewors” - dried farmers sausage

African Hut in southern CA for online orders. Used to a Saffer butcher in Houston that had the best biltong and wors but I cannot find his info

Top Back Refresh