What's new

2.0 LHU Ecotec swap 95 Yj

Modstockyj930

Member Number
I’m swapping in a 2011-2017 LHU 2.0 turbo ecotec into my 95 Yj. Beside the obvious like ECU, wiring harness, Bellhousing adapter, Torque converter support. What are some other things I’ll need? EGR delete? Block off plates? Thermostat housing?

I already have a 904 and Dana 300. The 2.5 is on its last leg and I wanted to change it up a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_5970.jpeg
    IMG_5970.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 139
You'll need the MAF and the tube it resides in if using the stock ECU. Being a FWD application at least one of the radiator hoses is going to be plumbed to the back of the cylinder head, likely via a big dumb plastic coolant outlet that has other hoses run into it, that'll probably force you forward a bit with your engine placement.

no idea what else you would need seems like a good start, interested to see how it turns out. What difference in weight do you think you will get? Definitely a shorter drivetrain

no idea what else you would need seems like a good start, interested to see how it turns out. What difference in weight do you think you will get? Definitely a shorter drivetrain
Honestly, with the whole turbo set up and some other extras. I don’t think I’ll lose too much. Maybe 100lbs or so. With my current set up I’m 3400lbs.

Did you look at the Honda k 20/24? Curious why you chose this over it.
I’m trying to set myself up in the future. I would like to build a portal buggy. I’d already have my drivetrain and some experience with it when I’m ready to jump up. I have a 904 trans and a flipped 300 with 4-1 already in the Jeep.

I’m trying to set myself up in the future. I would like to build a portal buggy. I’d already have my drivetrain and some experience with it when I’m ready to jump up. I have a 904 trans and a flipped 300 with 4-1 already in the Jeep.

Gotcha, was just curious if you had compared them and found something I haven't. I'm contemplating a similar swap.

Top Back Refresh