What's new

+2” mid/long travel?

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
Does it exist for 1st gen tacoma?

Zero interest in a +3.5” stuff…

Did you search www.tacomaworld.com?

Not being a dick, they are the center of the IFS universe for tacomas.

Also some good tech posts on getting electrical doodads to work on 1st gens as well:flipoff2:

Did you search www.tacomaworld.com?

Not being a dick, they are the center of the IFS universe for tacomas.

Also some good tech posts on getting electrical doodads to work on 1st gens as well:flipoff2:

Dick. :flipoff2:

I’m not sure my TW account even works, so I haven’t checked there. DDG-Fu comes up empty.

Put 45 miles on the Tacoma today. I probably need to run more than 20 psi. Still under 44k miles total.

I've never seen anything other than 3.5" for 1st gens. Ironically you can buy +2 axles but they don't have a known application :laughing: Stumbled across these awhile back looking for something else. 2" Long Travel with Chromoly Outer Cage & Race for the 3RD Gen 4Runner, 1st Gen Tacoma

Solo motorsports makes stock length and 3.5" kits, they may be able to help you out since they also do custom work as well instead of cranking out cookie cutter kits like some of the bigger names.

Just trying to avoid glass?

I've never seen anything other than 3.5" for 1st gens. Ironically you can buy +2 axles but they don't have a known application :laughing: Stumbled across these awhile back looking for something else. 2" Long Travel with Chromoly Outer Cage & Race for the 3RD Gen 4Runner, 1st Gen Tacoma

Solo motorsports makes stock length and 3.5" kits, they may be able to help you out since they also do custom work as well instead of cranking out cookie cutter kits like some of the bigger names.

Just trying to avoid glass?

Truck currently has TC uppers, Donahoe coilovers, 1.25” spacers and 285’s… was thinking a 2”+ would be a good way to get .75” width while adding more travel… abs removing the spacers. Want to keep the factory fenders.

Allpro makes a +2 for the 3rd gens, but I’ve never seen one for the 1st.

It seems like it’s be a great compromise between spacers and LT.

Or maybe i should just SAS it. 😀

Edit: love the “we make these and have no idea of anyway for you to install them” type of description of those shafts.

Everyone and their brother seems to be making +2 kits for 2nd get on up now. I think the reason it’s taking off now is the newer stuff doesn’t have a factory donor shaft like the pickup to t100 and 1st gen Tacoma to tundra, which is the whole reason those kits are the width they are in the first place.

05+ you’ve got to buy aftermarket shafts no matter the width over stock, so they offer an option that doesn’t require aftermarket fenders and tons of body work if you don’t want them to look like shit.

Dick. :flipoff2:

I’m not sure my TW account even works, so I haven’t checked there. DDG-Fu comes up empty.

Put 45 miles on the Tacoma today. I probably need to run more than 20 psi. Still under 44k miles total.
I searched for you and a bunch of IFS faggotry I didn't understand popped up so I stopped looking:flipoff2:. It's an odd forum, mostly overlander crap, but some hidden gems in there from a tech and build standpoint.

This help at all: First Gen Mid Travel - What to Buy

Those shafts are so bizarre.

I wonder if the center shaft is the same for the 2nd gen, so they already make all the parts?

I'd be very interested in a +2" set up as well.

Blaze land style maybe?

Those shafts are so bizarre.

I wonder if the center shaft is the same for the 2nd gen, so they already make all the parts?

I'd be very interested in a +2" set up as well.

Blaze land style maybe?
I don't think Blaze makes anything for this generation. But that would be kind of ideal.

Top Back Refresh