What's new

1998 E350 7.3L Diesel

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
Going to look at an 98 E350 diesel this week and I had a 01 E350 7.3L diesel but never had any issues in the 60K miles I owned it. What should I look for or ask if it's been changed when I check it out. Only thing I did on mine besides batteries was the glow plug relay because it was hard to start when cold and that helped but new batteries really fixed the problem.

The usual stuff, make sure it runs good, trans goes through all gears and it's not rusty. Other than engine/trans/body panels you'd be hard pressed to break anything on these vans that costs more than $200 to replace.

The E-series platform doesn't really have any specific issues unless you're one of the two-bits who thinks that camber change as the front suspension cycles is an issue.

Fuel bowl leaks, check the harness over, that weeee guy said they would cook the wires and shielding from the heat on the vans. Have experienced a sd7.3 that had the valve cover rub though the split loom and insulation on the dr side main bundle. But none of that is expensive to correct.

Well I knew the van was a good deal and it sold today and I couldn't get out to buy it until this weekend. Keeping my search onward now.

Top Back Refresh