What's new

1991 Snow Tracker Build

Sure glad I double checked my work. I left the cap lock bolts loose and the tabs holding them in were dangling. Whew.

Guess I know when it’s really bugging me I probably done fawked up. :homer:
Wow!

I've had that happen to me a few times and I think only once was I right and I forgot to tighten something up.

Good catch! Have a fun ass time tommorow, sounds like a good trip!

Sure glad I double checked my work. I left the cap lock bolts loose and the tabs holding them in were dangling. Whew.

Guess I know when it’s really bugging me I probably done fawked up. :homer:
It’s weird how things like that will bug you. I have nightmares about things I worked on not being tightened or a wheel falling off. When I check the next day my dream was usually correct.

It’s weird how things like that will bug you. I have nightmares about things I worked on not being tightened or a wheel falling off. When I check the next day my dream was usually correct.
It’s usually after rushing and we all know better. :laughing:

Quite the day. 78 miles, spool is great in deep snow, sucks on pavement.

Also unstuck a 3/4 ton Ford. Guy tried handing me a wad of $20’s. His girlfriend probably would’ve shut him down if they were stuck much longer. :laughing: I told him to pay it forward.

Bunch of poseur shots. No hardcore wheeling today.
65FF596A-39F0-4209-9F75-E53AC41D370B.jpeg
020222ED-F29D-4CBE-8A20-3C65F68B6A5A.jpeg
42BB728B-2863-4796-9C90-25C6BD584F5A.jpeg
028B7E80-D383-4A77-B2FC-8068977CBABA.jpeg
2DF6B654-DDEF-492A-9C3A-39AED3D2FBC7.jpeg
87093568-FDD3-4D48-BFE2-11E8B3661CD4.jpeg
F00ACCFE-392F-4B9E-BB0C-194064D27446.jpeg
B14E1327-5F7A-44DD-AC49-D80E17F4ACC7.jpeg
E306CC17-97F4-40F9-BE31-513A3718E91E.jpeg

B0ADC6C5-B867-4AE9-B003-C06C08D742E7.jpeg

Looks like a nice outing! Yeah spool in a lightweight short wheelbase rig is great offroad but sketchy on pavement. As much as I'm "one more thing to go wrong" about selectable lockers its easy to see why they are so popular.

My buddy modded his stock case years ago to run 2 lo rear. I can’t remember how he did it but it was a sweet little trick.

I've never thought a spool was scetchy, because it's predictable. It does suck to scrub your expensive tires off on every corner.

It's also terrible for turning radius. It feels so wierd to drive such a tiny vehicle, but still have to do 3 point turns in parking lots. :laughing:

Looks like a nice outing! Yeah spool in a lightweight short wheelbase rig is great offroad but sketchy on pavement. As much as I'm "one more thing to go wrong" about selectable lockers its easy to see why they are so popular.

Too much money for this toy. :laughing: My Toyota will get selectable if I lock it. The spool is fine since this is mostly a dirt vehicle...I just need to find dirt from point A to point B. :smokin:

My buddy modded his stock case years ago to run 2 lo rear. I can’t remember how he did it but it was a sweet little trick.

There is a ball between the two that needs removed, and then you can add a second stick. It’s not hard, just time consuming.

I've never thought a spool was scetchy, because it's predictable. It does suck to scrub your expensive tires off on every corner.

It's also terrible for turning radius. It feels so wierd to drive such a tiny vehicle, but still have to do 3 point turns in parking lots. :laughing:

The predictability is nice. When half the road is snow/ice and the other is dry pavement, it’s UNPREDICTABLE!

On loose stuff or snow, just mash the skinny pedal and she turns right around. :lmao:

Yeah I meant sketchy when on rd going from high traction surface to low, especially if its mid corner.

I hear you on the $, selectable lockers are too much $ for me personally no matter what vehicle. I just meant having the ability to basically get open diff or spool an push of button makes it easy to see why people do buy them.

Another weak budget build! :flipoff2:

603F74CA-ED1D-47E8-B9AE-A65ECD14C3D6.jpeg

I really don't like you right now. I've read through this entire thread and it's makin my gears turn since a stupid 89 sidekick fell in my lap yesterday. My pops bought it for for a swap into his samurai (I talked him out of it, since it's an 8v) and he said to hell with it, happy Birthday it's yours. Figured I could use it to teach the kids stick and they can use it for a desert beater go-kart.
IMG_2650.jpg

Now, I'm not new to suzukis, built a bitchin hard cab pickup with a turbo setup for my pops.
20200510_171304.jpg
and my own lifted/caged/regeared/built motor sami. Trying not to do anything to it as i already have too many projects but this will be my first track/kick and I'm really tempted after reading through your build. Looks like a blast.
So as I read through, sou do like your major mods are a budget lift, small body lift, 30" tires, axles, a front diff drop, rear spool, and a heavy right foot (plus the various repairs needed from being in the shitty rust belt. I'm in Salt free commiefornia :flipoff2:)

So anyway, thanks for the inspiration asshole. We'll see how far I take it if the kids are having a good time. Cheaper than building a sxs and I already have one anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208-191237_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220208-191237_Gallery.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 15
So as I read through, sou do like your major mods are a budget lift, small body lift, 30" tires, axles, a front diff drop, rear spool, and a heavy right foot (plus the various repairs needed from being in the shitty rust belt. I'm in Salt free commiefornia :flipoff2:)

So anyway, thanks for the inspiration asshole. We'll see how far I take it if the kids are having a good time. Cheaper than building a sxs and I already have one anyway.

The only thing I haven’t done is the body lift. All the rest got done.

And you’re welcome. :flipoff2:

These things are so easy to work on it’s almost a no brainer to build them lightly and beat them.

The Altered Ego kit JRX is waiting on would be ideal, honestly. Keeping up with the SXS is rough at the speeds they travel at.

The only thing I haven’t done is the body lift. All the rest got done.

And you’re welcome. :flipoff2:

These things are so easy to work on it’s almost a no brainer to build them lightly and beat them.

The Altered Ego kit JRX is waiting on would be ideal, honestly. Keeping up with the SXS is rough at the speeds they travel at.
I tried to keep up with sxs's in an old cj one time.... terrible idea. But this thing will definitely be perfect for kids to cut their teeth in a nimble/light wheeling rig, that's still cheap to fix if/when it breaks. Out here we have a lot of open desert sections where it would do fine in the middle of the pack. I drove it yesterday with my daughter and I was giggling on the way home, it really was fun to drive. I had forgotten how much fun they were.

I tried to keep up with sxs's in an old cj one time.... terrible idea. But this thing will definitely be perfect for kids to cut their teeth in a nimble/light wheeling rig, that's still cheap to fix if/when it breaks. Out here we have a lot of open desert sections where it would do fine in the middle of the pack. I drove it yesterday with my daughter and I was giggling on the way home, it really was fun to drive. I had forgotten how much fun they were.
A much simpler fix is selling it to me and I will have someone ship it to me in the rust belt.... LOL Have fun with it, it looks nice.

A much simpler fix is selling it to me and I will have someone ship it to me in the rust belt.... LOL Have fun with it, it looks nice.
It's decent. Definitely not rusty, and if it wasn't a birthday gift AND a great trainer for the kids I absolutely would. I Definitely don't need another vehicle in my yard. Already starting to look like a wrecking yard.

It's decent. Definitely not rusty, and if it wasn't a birthday gift AND a great trainer for the kids I absolutely would. I Definitely don't need another vehicle in my yard. Already starting to look like a wrecking yard.
Just enjoy it, make memories with your kids. Its crazy what these little dudes are worth all of a sudden. If you get rid of it you might never be able to replace it.

Just enjoy it, make memories with your kids. Its crazy what these little dudes are worth all of a sudden. If you get rid of it you might never be able to replace it.
no joke. I am trying to find another one, and the prices are crazy. Especially adding that they never were all that common around here to begin with.

no joke. I am trying to find another one, and the prices are crazy. Especially adding that they never were all that common around here to begin with.

WHAT?!

I’ve found at least 4 Trackers/Sidekicks in NORTH CAROLINA, rust free, for under $1,000.

I was tempted to drive down a couple times. Sure they need engine work, but it’s easy and easy to find a shit bucket with a good motor if needed.

WHAT?!

I’ve found at least 4 Trackers/Sidekicks in NORTH CAROLINA, rust free, for under $1,000.

I was tempted to drive down a couple times. Sure they need engine work, but it’s easy and easy to find a shit bucket with a good motor if needed.

Weren't you just saying the opposite a few pages back? :flipoff2:

Also, I think this should go here.....

maxresdefault.jpg

WHAT?!

Feel free to send them my way. But also, Im mainly looking for one with a 16v or 2l.

Craigslist seems to be dying locally, and FB Marketplace has crap for a search engine and organization.

Craigslist seems to be dying locally, and FB Marketplace has crap for a search engine and organization.
Craigslist is definitely dead here. Happened when it went from "free and always will be" to charging for ads and now it's just full of dealers and scams.

And I agree, marketplace search engine is garbage. You put in a specific vehicle and you're still seeing ads for everything else too. Stupid.

I’ve got a buddy in Denver with a killer 2 door for sale. 95 16V 3 speed auto. Spacer lift 31’s welded rear $2500 bucks. No rust. I should buy it for my kid but I got to much crap competing to spend money on at the moment.

350A70DC-26B0-4EF2-9DA5-039DC1F070BD.jpeg
D7221336-BD89-4AD9-8E45-CC9F22A3612F.png

Someone needs to start a business swooping these up and converting them to sxs's :laughing:

30-31, small lift, rear locker, lower tcase gears, winch, bumpers and sliders. People would probably eat them up for $7-8k ready to rock.

Someone needs to start a business swooping these up and converting them to sxs's :laughing:

30-31, small lift, rear locker, lower tcase gears, winch, bumpers and sliders. People would probably eat them up for $7-8k ready to rock.
Time invested and parts will push that right past that price really quickly.

Top Back Refresh