What's new

1980 Toyota Pickup Build 2wd to 4wd

Guess I better put some limit straps on my ride.... never seen one pulled out like that before. Also the trucks looking awesome.

Some correct length limit straps probably would have helped :homer: we knew the front shocks were trash and needed to be replaced so this just forced him to do it.

We talked about eventually painting the first gen, and I told him if he does he has to put new SR5 decals on it :smokin:

I finished up some small things on the truck and got it ready to finally go home. Ian took the Amtrak from Reno to Sacramento, grabbed the truck, drove to Red Bluff then back to Reno. I’m sure it will come back at some point for upgrades / maintenance, but for now it’s all done.

These pics are the day it showed up to the shop and the day it went home.

Next project is doing a 3 link and new front frame section on my 92 4Runner. I started tearing everything apart a couple weeks ago. I’ll start a thread for it once I get a little further with it.

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_1500.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg

Are you making progress on your '92 4Runner?

Yes i am. I plan on making another thread for that, I want to get a little further along before I start it. I have the frame cut off at the fire wall and the lower link brackets tacked in place on the axle housing. I'm working on drawing up the new frame now. I need to order some small misc things but I have all the major parts already. New Rock Assault housing, 2.5x12 Radflo's, 2.0x2 Radflo bump stops, and 4 Wheel Underground link brackets.

Nice, looking forward to that! I have a similar project pending and looking for some motivation to start cutting mine up. Happy New Year!

Top Back Refresh