What's new

1970 K20 Suburban brake hoses

Covecrawler

Member Number
Hello all.

Working on this 1970 K20 Suburban for a customer. It has a big hub dana 44 with drum brakes and I cannot for extended brake hoses anywhere it seems.

Has anyone dealt with this before? I didn’t do the lift kit, just trying to finish it for the guy. He’s not looking to do a disc conversion or axle swap at this time.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 27067338-6F42-4B7E-96F1-5DA613328DE4.png
    27067338-6F42-4B7E-96F1-5DA613328DE4.png
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 91
hydraulic supply makes new brake lines. I've had them make a few for me. they can do stock looking or the upgraded ones. where are you located?

Look at a 46-76 Jeep cj hose with front drum brakes. I have no idea if it will work for you but I have used them essentially as an extension. It’s been a while but I think they are about a foot long. I have used them with early 90s c1500 front hoses to make a pretty long hose for cheap.

Look at a 46-76 Jeep cj hose with front drum brakes. I have no idea if it will work for you but I have used them essentially as an extension. It’s been a while but I think they are about a foot long. I have used them with early 90s c1500 front hoses to make a pretty long hose for cheap.
Boat trailers with surge brakes use hoses that are typically same thread male female both ends so they can be used as extensions.

Where are you located?
We have a hot rod shop here that will make brake lines.

If it helps you source parts, that axle isn't original to a 1970 K2500. Last year for closed knuckle on GM was 69. Disc open knuckle is 70-87(91)

My 68 K20 had the brake line brackets moved on the frame to use original hoses on the lifted closed knuckle. That might be an option if longer lines can't be sourced. Or adapters from thread/flare to male -3 or -4 AN and use universal braided brake lines, which come in a variety of lengths.

If it helps you source parts, that axle isn't original to a 1970 K2500. Last year for closed knuckle on GM was 69. Disc open knuckle is 70-87(91)

My 68 K20 had the brake line brackets moved on the frame to use original hoses on the lifted closed knuckle. That might be an option if longer lines can't be sourced. Or adapters from thread/flare to male -3 or -4 AN and use universal braided brake lines, which come in a variety of lengths.
This truck is open knuckle, drum brake. I’m not positive it is original, but when you look up brake hoses for a 1970 k20 suburban they are correct, and don’t have a banjo fitting for a caliper.

My 69 K5 has a open knuckle drum brake front axle as well.

Cardinal Rubber, here in Richmond will make brake hoses while you wait. They have a good selection of fittings in stock.

Top Back Refresh